FORUMS: list search recent posts

Action Safe & Title Safe overlay settings - what is optimum for broadcast

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Hoey
Action Safe & Title Safe overlay settings - what is optimum for broadcast
on Mar 11, 2019 at 12:36:32 am

Hi there team,
Wondering what Overlay setting for Premiere Pro 13.0.2 will be best for Action Safe and Title Safe for broadcast?
Jim

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Action Safe & Title Safe overlay settings - what is optimum for broadcast
on Mar 11, 2019 at 11:08:26 am

I have found this isn't the issue it used to be back in the SD days. I use Action Safe across the board now, including titles. The transition to true flat screen tech in modern sets basically eliminates the masking/scan issues manufacturers had with tube TV's.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 11, 2019 at 6:31:54 pm

....and I work for the same broadcast group as Jon, but we're in different states.

Jon's right about title safe & action safe being non-issues these days. Even so, I still split the difference between the two for the bottom of text. If it's on an animated background, and almost always is, I don't worry about the background going past action safe.

And I try not to let text go beyond the old 4x3 action safe horizontal limit on text. I'm old-fashioned, I guess.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Mar 15, 2019 at 2:21:08 pm

Maybe something to consider is, if the viewers are watching TV with the overscan "stretch/zoom" features on. You can't control the users being (redacted), but graphics placed too close to left or right or bottom can end up cut off when TV's are in this mode. I've seen this a lot in waiting rooms running cable TV feeds, and in some restaurants as well. Takes all my willpower, to not get up and start adjusting their sets. They don't care that they're "wrong". :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]