FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro repeated frames, nest problems and scale issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Kennedy
Premiere Pro repeated frames, nest problems and scale issues
on Mar 4, 2019 at 5:51:02 pm

I'm new to video editing so bare with me.

Currently experiencing two problems. The second video I've started to work on is asking me to scale every single clip to the frame size in order for it not to be really zoomed in. The first video I worked on, when dropping the first clip in the sequence, displayed a message saying something like 'match sequence settings' and every clip, from then on, was the correct size and I didn't have to nest anything for effects etc. I'd like to figure this out first cause I won't have to deal with the second issue, but if not...

The second video, I've been scaling every clip just to get on with it, but when trying to apply cross fades to nested clips, I get the repeated frame message, even when I've taken the clip out, extended and cut it back to create handles, same issue. Would really appreciate some help, thanks.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Premiere Pro repeated frames, nest problems and scale issues
on Mar 4, 2019 at 11:23:43 pm

go to: preferences/media/default media scaling and set it to Scale To Frame Size. all your pics and videos will be set to 100% when put on the timeline.

if you have a lot of clips that are set to "set to frame size" and they are too big or too small then select all of them in the timeline and right click and select "scale to frame size" and then you may have to go to each clip and in the motion tab hit re-set scale.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Mar 4, 2019 at 11:35:08 pm

you might need to "slip" your nested clip even if you have added heads and tails.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 5, 2019 at 3:45:35 pm

It sounds like you're trying to cut together footage of two different dimensions and frame rates, which isn't doing you any favors.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 5, 2019 at 4:56:12 pm

You need to go through some tutorials. Here's a good start: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzAdXeniYhIGlFndHYPiYg/featured
Got down to where it says "Start Here".

But, what is happening is your sequence is a different size from your source footage. So when you edit your source footage into that sequence, it will ask you if you want to change your sequence to match. That's a good thing to edit at your source size/frame rate/etc. If you don't want it to change your sequence, then don't select to change, but if your sequence is 1920x1080 and you drop 4k footage on it, you will need to scale it.

But where is your final video going? You will want to edit to your final destination specs. Example: if going to broadcast, you will want 1920x1080 29.97 sequence settings.

If you want Premiere to make your sequence for you, just drag a source clip down to the lower right of the bin to the "New Item" icon and release. It will make a sequence from that source clip that matches that source clip.

Go through tutorials. Learn basics. Ask questions if you have them!
Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]