FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export without markers

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip Stillerska
Export without markers
on Mar 2, 2019 at 6:53:20 pm

How do I export a sequence that includes markers (mostly comment markers) without exporting and embedding the markers in the exported file?

For example, I have a sequence containing a lot of markers and when I export to QuickTime (ProRes 422) or H.264 (MP4) the sequence markers becomes included/embedded in the movie file. How do I avoid that? I would prefer to not delete these markers since they are an important part of the project's organization.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export without markers
on Mar 3, 2019 at 12:15:50 am

Maker a duplicate timeline. Delete the markers. Export.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Filip Stillerska
on Mar 3, 2019 at 10:23:03 am

Yes, that's definitely a workaround.

However, I strongly believe that Adobe should have an "Include Comment Markers"-option when exporting. A lot of people might not realize that they're including their Comment Markers when exporting. I understand why Chapter Markers might automatically be included when exporting (since you, for the most part, create Chapter Markers exclusively for the finished file), but comment markers that I consider to mostly be used as sticky notes to yourself or your team during editing? No, thank you.

Return to posts index

Robert d'Alexis
on Mar 4, 2019 at 2:12:33 am

[Filip Stillerska] "I strongly believe that Adobe should have an "Include Comment Markers"-option when exporting. "

You're right. In the Export Settings dialogue box (Ctrl + M), click on the Metadata tab and uncheck "Export Master Speech Track and Sequence Markers, and Bob's your uncle. :-)

Return to posts index

Filip Stillerska
on Mar 4, 2019 at 7:49:38 pm

Thank you, Robert!

Return to posts index

Robert d'Alexis
on Mar 5, 2019 at 2:48:08 am

You're most welcome. Happy editing. 😊

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>