FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardware upgrades for speed on AE and Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul King
Hardware upgrades for speed on AE and Premiere?
on Feb 26, 2019 at 4:11:32 pm

Hi folks,

I've been doing a lot of reading on this, but I'm not the most computer savvy person and there are lots of contradicting opinions. I would be so grateful for any input.

I use After Effects for all kinds of motion graphics - from animated infographics to movie-style titles. I use Element 3D for any 3D work. I use Premiere Pro for editing 4k video footage, and have recently been commissioned to edit a series of 1-hour teaching videos. The 1 hour videos have taken a really long time to render, and I find Premiere isn't as fast as I'd like at playing back video in real time.

I'd really love to speed up previews in both AE and Premiere, and reduce the render times too. I've tried a lot of tips to speed things up, but I think I may need to purchase some new hardware.

I have around £500 to spend. The first thing I've been looking at is a better GPU, but I wonder if a better processor or more RAM would be better? If not, does anyone have any recommendations or guidance on which GPU to go for? And whether it would likely make any significant improvements?

My current setup is as follows:
OS & Software
Windows 7 (but will shortly upgrade to Windows 10)
Using latest versions of AE and Premiere Pro on subscription

Motherboard:
MSI X99S SLI Plus Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX

Processor:
Intel i7-5820K 3.30GHz (Haswell-E) Socket LGA2011-V3

RAM:
Avexir Platinum 32GB RAM DDR4 2400MHz Quad Channel

Graphics Card:
Asus GeForce GTX 780 Direct CU II 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express

Hard drives:
Samsung 970 EVO Plus V-NAND M.2 500GB SSD (for OS and current projects)
Samsung 250GB SSD (for cache)

Thanks very much in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]