FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback only works if one of my two Graphics Cards is disabled? [Premiere Pro CC 2018]

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Jacob
Playback only works if one of my two Graphics Cards is disabled? [Premiere Pro CC 2018]
on Feb 19, 2019 at 11:12:42 pm
Last Edited By John Jacob on Feb 20, 2019 at 3:01:20 am

I banged my head against the wall for about 6-7 hours trying to solve an issue which nobody had any answers for.
My play button would not work and nothing in my timeline would show, no matter what I did.

After a VERY long and stressful journey I did a clean install on my graphics card drivers to a new update.
After doing this Premiere Pro worked! Except my dual monitors were mirrored...
And in trying to solve this new easier-to-solve issue, I realized one of my graphics cards didn't update (I guess I only updated just the one).
To fix that problem, I updated the driver again which immediately solved the monitor issue. And I was back to having both monitors.

So of course I went to back to Premiere Pro to make sure it worked. NOPE! Stopped working.
I then disabled that same graphics card driver which was not working a bit ago (back to having only one monitor again!) and re-opened Premiere Pro.
Surprise surprise. It works.

Now for my question:
Why does having two graphics cards make Premiere Pro stop working even though it detects both of them as functional and dual-monitor features work perfectly fine from Preferences > Playback . Why can't I have both a functional program and two monitors/graphics cards at the same time?
Please help me fix this problem. It's insanely stressful!

Fyi my computer has an i7 intel processor with two AMD graphics cards (AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series), two Acer x193W monitors and 16GB of RAM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]