FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing Warp Stabilizer

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Tarpley
Removing Warp Stabilizer
on Feb 19, 2019 at 5:23:51 pm

I'm working on a feature length documentary and have 200+ hours of footage where I've exported hundreds of sequences for our team to use for review. I used warp stabilizer on a number of clips and am noticing now that the project file has ballooned to over 240mb. Is there a way to remove warp stabilizer from all sequences without going through them one by one, and if so - will that shrink the size of my project file?
Thanks for any advice you all might have.
MT

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
Re: Removing Warp Stabilizer
on Feb 19, 2019 at 11:25:13 pm

Hi Matt,

Select all clips in your timeline that you want to remove any effect, then right click and select Remove Attributes.

Check "only" the attributes/effects to remove and click OK.

This will remove one or more attributes/effects in multiple clips.

Good luck with your project.

Joseph

Return to posts index

Matt Tarpley
on Feb 20, 2019 at 1:30:32 am

Hi Joseph,
I have hundreds of sequences and at this point I'd have to go one by one through each sequence to find clips where warp stabilizer has been added. Is there a way to search all of the sequences for that effect, then remove it. Or is there a toggle for an effect across all sequences? Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
on Feb 20, 2019 at 4:29:47 pm

Hi Matt,

Click on the timeline (to receive focus) with the warp stabilizer effects, and press Ctrl-F (Windows) to open the Find Dialogue menu. Select either "All" or "Effects" in the search drop-down menu, and enter "warp" or "warp stabilizer"
in the find input field. The find criteria will be similar to "effects" - "contains" - "warp", then click the Find Button.

The find function should locate the next clip occurrence (relative to the timeline location) with the warp filter applied. The matching clip will be selected/highlighted.

For locating additional matching clips, move the timeline cursor past the current clip and repeat "Find" again. Repeat until all clips have been reviewed.

To answer your question on the workflows of large projects, I have yet to find a rock-solid workflow without issues. Possibly best to break the big project into smaller projects and combine each project when finished, or render each and combine.

Currently, I am working on an 85-minute project with about 1,300 media clips and hundreds of effects. I spend about 20-30% of my time, recovering from Premiere Pro freezes when I am in the master timeline with all clips and effects. Smaller projects typically have minor issues, if any. This is on a workstation with 64 GB of DDR4 RAM, 1080 Ti Video card, 14 TB storage, and a 3.3 GHz. 6 core processor.

Good luck.

Joseph

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Feb 20, 2019 at 2:40:26 pm

Hundreds of hours of footage and hundreds of sequences is more likely the reason your project file is so big, as opposed to Warp Stabilize.

I routinely render my Warp Stabilized shots and save the stabilized versions as subclips. A couple of extra steps, but it has served me well.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Matt Tarpley
on Feb 20, 2019 at 3:05:29 pm

Thanks for weighing in Jon. I'm not having any issues with the project loading or saving at this point (it takes about 10 seconds to save) but I've read a few different places that warp stabilizer can increase the size of a project so I figured I'd ask. Can you recommend any good strategies for dealing with a large project? Should I somehow break into multiple PP projects or just keep on trucking? We are basically done filming so from this point forward we will only be creating new sequences and importing other assets like photos and graphics. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]