FORUMS: list search recent posts

6 mics during a panel discussion interview... whats the best workflow to edit audio?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Cowan
6 mics during a panel discussion interview... whats the best workflow to edit audio?
on Feb 18, 2019 at 12:29:39 am

Hi Guys & Gals.
Just finished editing the visuals for this, now I have to figure the best way to edit the audio. There was a lav mic on everyone, plus a few backup mics. Some mics were better than others.

If I leave all mics on, its really loud, and echoey.

There is one key speaker, I have him on all the time, and his mic is pretty clean.. The others are not so good.
I have made a new blank audio track, and have started cutting little segments of the other people's replies into this new track as they talk.

Is this the best way? or should I use automation? I had to unlink all the tracks to do it, and that always makes me nervous.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: 6 mics during a panel discussion interview... whats the best workflow to edit audio?
on Feb 18, 2019 at 4:22:08 pm

If the discussion is basically a Q&A, you might get away with manually editing the responses. It might be easier, though, to keep all the mics active and keyframe the track volume.

Or you could try keeping all the mics active and adding a gate (Dynamics effect) to each track in the Audio Track Mixer. The default attack time probably will work, and you can set the release time to something longer and gentler. The threshold level will be key - you don't want the gate to open when the guy next to the mic starts speaking. This method, if it works, will also enable you to make edits to the conversation without having to adjust keyframes.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]