FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving project to Resolve

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
Moving project to Resolve
on Feb 8, 2019 at 7:00:33 pm

Hello,
I'm planning to cut loose from the rental/lease system of Premiere when my subscription expires in April, and work with the free DaVinci Resolve, which I've tested a bit.
Is there a way to move a project-in-progress and keep editing picture and sound, including titles over picture?
I know it's not advisable but I'm curious.
I already moved this project once from FCP into Premiere, with some glitches, including that the two separate tracks for a stereo mic came in as 2 tracks and I can't combine them into one stereo in Premiere.
I'm actually using PR CC13 on an old Mac operating system because I haven't wanted to keep trying out all the new Premiere versions that come out all the time.
Thanks for any thoughts or tips.
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: Moving project to Resolve
on Feb 8, 2019 at 9:44:17 pm

Why not just export an XML of your project and do a test import in Resolve?

Scroll down this page to the XML section:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/exporting-projects-applications....
and give it a go.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Feb 9, 2019 at 9:48:26 pm

Thanks, John.
Maybe I wasn't clear -- I am editing in Premiere and want to export some way to then import in Resolve.
That link you provided was for exporting from FCP and importing in Premiere.
But I like your spirit -- I will search Premiere for an export option and "give it a go."
Best,
Robert

Robert Withers

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Feb 10, 2019 at 7:24:04 am

Robert, John's advice is correct. It's called a FCP xml but in reality it's just an xml file that can easily be read by any other NLE and it's the easiest way to move from one NLE to another mid-project.

However, keep in mind that any monetary savings that you'll gain by switching to Resolve will probably be negated by the learning curve of the new NLE. You might want to at least finish your current project in Premiere and then learn Resolve before you make the switch.

Tallmanproductions.net
Main Edit: Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0.2 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio
Portable: Dell XPS15 9570

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Feb 10, 2019 at 10:42:15 pm

Thanks, Greg, for all your info and thoughts. Good material.
Cheers,
Robert

Robert Withers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]