FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem 'scaling (subtitles) to frame size' in version 13.0.2

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
Problem 'scaling (subtitles) to frame size' in version 13.0.2
on Feb 8, 2019 at 2:15:12 pm

I'm trying to add subtitles to my PPro sequence in Version 13.0.2, so I can burn them in to the exported video. But I'm having a problem I've never encountered before. In the past, I've created my subtitles using Youtube's captioning tools, then exported them as an .srt file, which I've brought in to my 1080p sequences and chosen 'scale to frame size.' I do that because the subtitles are originally too small and formatted for a smaller sequence. That has always worked before, but for some reason, since I upgraded to this PPro version, 'scale to frame size' isn't working. Nothing is happening when I choose this and the subtitles remain too small. Has anyone encountered this? I'd be grateful for any advice here!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problem 'scaling (subtitles) to frame size' in version 13.0.2
on Feb 8, 2019 at 4:07:01 pm

May we assume that SET to frame size doesn't work either?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Feb 8, 2019 at 4:15:59 pm

Yes that's right, thanks Dave, neither 'set to frame size' nor 'scale to frame size' is working. Nothing is happening when I choose either option.

Very strange, as it always worked before, so I assume it has something to do with my recent PPro upgrade to this version. But this version has been working well in other ways.

Just let me know if you have any guidance, thanks again!

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 8, 2019 at 5:35:22 pm

I believe you can right-click on your captions in the bin, select Modify -> Interpret Footage, and changing the size of the subtitles there. Your captions may need to be set to Open Captions vs Closed Captions for this to work, I don't recall off the top of my head.

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Feb 8, 2019 at 6:08:29 pm

I really appreciate this guidance, Blaise! I am able to modify the captions' aspect ratio, but can't seem to get it to the 1080 size of my sequence. So I thought it might be the open/closed captions thing you mentioned as a possible prerequisite, but that option is greyed out. Below are screenshots of what I'm seeing. Please let me know if you or others have any additional thoughts, and thanks again.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 9, 2019 at 12:44:23 am

According to your second image, your captions are already at 1920x1080.

Are you just trying to increase the text size? If so, you can do that in the Caption panel: select all your captions from top to bottom, and apply your desired transformations in the toolbar on the top of the Captions panel. I would make sure that your transport bar is hovering on your longest caption in the timeline, so that you can be sure it doesn't go beyond the borders of the frame when you size it up.

These transformations won't stay in effect if you export an SRT, but it will stay that way inside Premiere so you can burn your captions into the video, if that's what you're after.

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Feb 9, 2019 at 7:56:01 pm

Changing the font size worked perfectly, thank you Blaise!! I thought it would lose resolution/quality, but it didn't at all.
Much appreciated,
Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]