FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best export specs for display on big screens?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
Best export specs for display on big screens?
on Feb 7, 2019 at 4:00:42 pm
Last Edited By Neil Orman on Feb 7, 2019 at 4:19:37 pm

I had a question about the best (1080p) export specs for display on (auditorium) big screens at events. Most of my work is for online, and heavily compressed for that reason, and I've always used the Vimeo export specs. Could anyone please advise on the optimal export specs for display on auditorium screens, within PPro? My videos for this event are in 1080p sequences, so I guess their size is limited by that. Within PPro, other options I see are 'Match source - High bitrate' and 'High quality -1080p HD,' for example. I tried exporting with the 'High Quality' settings, and didn't see much different from the Vimeo specs.
Thanks for any guidance here.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Best export specs for display on big screens?
on Feb 7, 2019 at 5:01:32 pm

There's no one size fits all spec. You'll need to ask the event organizer.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Feb 7, 2019 at 6:10:13 pm

The event location may have specs that work well for their system. I would do as Tero suggested and contact the event tech person to find out what would be the best specs for delivery. Some might be able to use ProRes, which would be better, less lossy, than h264. But, the "High Quality" setting doesn't really help you much unless you are scaling to a different image size, so I wouldn't worry about that being checked. Higher bit rate and 2 pass can help with h264.
TC

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Feb 8, 2019 at 2:06:05 pm

Thank you Tero and Todd! I'm asking the event order as you advised, and will heed everything mentioned. Just one question on Todd's point on ProRes. I don't actually see that as an option in 'format' when I choose 'export settings.' Within PPro, how does one choose ProRes? I'm checking with the event organizer first as suggested, but just wanted to check on that, as ProRes is often cited as the best format when I've asked.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 8, 2019 at 2:29:09 pm

Prores is available under Quicktime in the latest version of Premiere.

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
on Feb 8, 2019 at 2:43:02 pm

I see it now, thanks very much Tero!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]