FORUMS: list search recent posts

No handles on motion graphics

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Prickril
No handles on motion graphics
on Jan 31, 2019 at 6:16:11 pm

Creating simple shapes in Graphics Workspace. For some reason, I stopped getting handles on the object when they are selected. The objects also disappear when they are dragged out of frame (previously, you could see an outline). I'm running PP 13.0 on Windows 10 with a machine that is powerful enough to run it. This change happened all of the sudden (earlier this week, I could see handles on the objects and outlines on them when they were out of frame). Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rob McGreevy
Re: No handles on motion graphics
on Jan 31, 2019 at 10:23:12 pm

This is a know problem unfortunately. I just recently started experiencing it out of the blue back on the last 2018CC version and it is still plaguing me on the PP 13.0.2 version as well. It has to do with your monitor scaling in your display settings in Windows 10. I have a 32" UHD monitor 3840x2160 (and 2-2560x1440 monitors on each side)and when I have my scaling set to 125% (my preferred setting) the bounding boxes do not show. I discovered this week that if I don't maximize my PP window on that monitor, ("ctrl" +"\" shortcut) that the bounding boxes come back, so that is my workaround for the moment. I use the shortcut to make the window slightly smaller, do my graphic and then maximize the window again when the graphic is completed.
If my display setting is set at 100% (then the text is too small for my eyes) or 150% (everything is too big and can't get enough of the interface on the screen) the bounding boxes come back.

Here's a link to a thread on the Adobe support forums discussing the problem in more detail:
https://forums.adobe.com/message/10848612#10848612

Hope this helps,

Rob

Return to posts index

Greg Prickril
Re: No handles on motion graphics
on Feb 1, 2019 at 2:05:45 pm

Responses don't get any better than that! Many thanks, Rob. I have it working, although I may go blind reading the tiny print on the screen (monitor scaling)!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]