FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid editor working with Premiere... keyboard shortcuts?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Kasprzyk
Avid editor working with Premiere... keyboard shortcuts?
on Jan 30, 2019 at 4:12:49 pm

I've been primarily an Avid editor for the last 15 years. Will be working in Premiere. For those with experience in both, does it make more sense to map my keyboard to Avid shortcuts, or should I take the time to learn the default keyboard commands for Premiere?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Avid editor working with Premiere... keyboard shortcuts?
on Jan 30, 2019 at 5:35:24 pm

I Avid edited for 20 years, had sworn allegiance. I now use PPro and love it - my advice is learn and use the standard keyboard layout, adding F key functions as needed for quick access to recurring commands.

Ricky

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 31, 2019 at 1:59:27 am

There is a Media Composer keyboard shortcut file for this, but as an Avid editor since the late 1990’s, I’d second the advice of using a Slightly tweaked standard Premiere set up.
Trying to make Premiere work like Avid is an exercise in frustration. You can try, but Premiere works better as itself than forcing it to imitate another NLE.

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Jan 31, 2019 at 3:54:12 pm

I've found any effort to fully translate one app's keyboard shortcuts into another's fraught with frustration. As an example, with Premiere Pro, some shortcuts function across the app, some only in a particular panel of the interface. Duplicating that in other apps or working around it when coming from other apps will be tricky.

If one jumps from one app to another while moving between clients/projects/facilities, it surely could be useful to have on a flash drive a keyboard shortcuts file for each app. You could probably "standardize" timeline/editing shortcuts to your own preference just to make that most basic part of editing more efficient for you as you move about, but as you branch out into other parts of the app, you'll run into issues if you try to standardize.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]