FORUMS: list search recent posts

Naming Voice Over Clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hepworth
Naming Voice Over Clips
on Jan 29, 2019 at 6:44:24 pm

Can someone tell me how to set clip names for the voice over tool?

I'd like to be able to have the names of the files created be different: i.e 'Eps1, Eps2....etc'

thanks

John Hepworth
Adobe Premiere 12.0.0

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Naming Voice Over Clips
on Jan 29, 2019 at 11:33:14 pm

You can change clip names in the Project window. If you do this, it changes them ONLY in PP, nowhere else.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Hepworth
on Jan 30, 2019 at 2:40:11 am

Thanks!

What I was hoping for was the ability to set a root name that PP would then increment: ie Project 1 take 1,....2,....3
I'm always looking for redundancy in file names etc. as inevitably I end up moving stuff around at the Finder level.

Is there the ability to assign the folder the files are saved to?

I have not yet got my head around where Premiere places things - both when importing and when internally generated like VO or new sequences, subsequences, etc.

thanks

John

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 31, 2019 at 3:56:41 pm

So you are using PPro Capture to record your audio clips? You have a little window in Capture to select where you record them to. It's been a while since I've used Capture (I tend to use Audition), but I think if you use something like 001 at the end of the file name, it will increment to 002 and so forth, but like I said, it was a long time ago.

As far as sequences and nested sequences, those are only contained within your project file. So you can't just move a sequence around at the finder level.
TC

Return to posts index

John Hepworth
on Jan 31, 2019 at 6:18:03 pm

Thanks! You got me headed in the right direction.

To name the clip it's right click next to the audio track to get voice over record settings - where you can assign a custom file name.

and to assign the save location for the captured audio its : File/Project Settings/Scratch Disks/Captured Audio

Thanks for your time!

John

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Jan 31, 2019 at 4:33:11 pm

Not sure about the naming thing, but the media capture settings are located in Project Settings. Go to File>Project Settings and choose Scratch Disks. Your VO files will go to Captured Audio.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

John Hepworth
on Jan 31, 2019 at 6:36:12 pm

Thanks!

Is there a way to assign which bin the new clips are placed in? Right now the default seems to be the root.

In the 'Capture' window, it looks like you can assign where captured clips should go, but it doesn't seem to work for VO recorded straight onto a timeline.

John

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Feb 1, 2019 at 4:06:42 pm

The Voice Over Record function in the timeline (doesn't use the Capture function) puts clips only in the root of the Project Panel. I just did a test and that's where it went, regardless of what bin I had selected.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/recording-audio.html

I suppose you could use Capture to grab audio-only from whatever hardware you're using to get the mic into the system - hadn't thought of that. Typically that hardware is a capture device like something from BMD or AJA which, if you have a mic attached to that, would work fine and allow you to choose the bin for the clip.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]