FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text zoom anchor point problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Snell
Text zoom anchor point problem
on Jan 25, 2019 at 5:18:48 pm

I'm trying to do a simple text zoom in Premier.

I've added the transform effect to my text layer...

I've Keyframed the scale...

However, the text doesn't zoom in, but scales up from the middle of the video frame.

How can I make it look like the text is zooming in rather than sliding in and scaling?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Text zoom anchor point problem
on Jan 25, 2019 at 7:49:04 pm

I assume you mean text goes from large to small? That would just be Scale in your Effects panel. Add a Scale keyframe where you want the zoom to end and go to where you want it to start and add a ridiculous amount of scale. Your text should now zoom.
TC

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 25, 2019 at 7:52:17 pm

You may want to go through some basic tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6npGHFAQO7c3Jb5ajfXbnHG-HOBQAq2G
TC

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jan 26, 2019 at 4:31:39 pm

Transform is a linear effect while scaling is an exponential one, which creates a visual discrepancy between the two motions.

If you're zooming in from the top or bottom, a rather dull but straightforward way to overcome this problem is to use scale only and make the text layer such that there is enough empty lines above or below it to offset the center of the layer (the point the scaling happens around) so that it the text comes in from one end or another. You will get an exponential zoom, the text will appear to accelerate the smaller (further away) it gets. Zooming in this can be just fine, because you're getting an ease in of sorts.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Harry Snell
on Jan 27, 2019 at 3:45:02 pm

Thanks guys!

Just to expand further, it was trying to add motion blur to the zoom - that's why I used transform - because it allows to change the shutter angle.

So I guess my actual question is: How to I make a text zoom effect with motion blur in Premier?

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 28, 2019 at 8:03:33 pm

I usually use AE for that stuff. But I think in your Transform effect, change the Anchor Point - if HD sequence, try 960 x 540. Then position into place and try your Scale again. Although, it's very sketchy in how it works. Especially if you change your Shuttle Angle afterwards.
If you just slide from top/bottom, or sides, I usually just add a blur in that direction to fake the motion blur.
Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

Harry Snell
on Jan 28, 2019 at 9:33:34 pm

Gotcha! Yeah, I would use AE, but I don't have it. It seems too simple to not be able to do in Premier. I've tried changing the anchor point, but it seems to make no difference :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]