FORUMS: list search recent posts

Support with editing (formats for PC, tablets, phones)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Petersen
Support with editing (formats for PC, tablets, phones)
on Jan 25, 2019 at 4:17:25 pm

Hi Forum,

Im quite new to this, so it might be a n00b question? ☺

But I need to make sure that my video is suitable for both PC, tablets and phones, but I can’t fint a function in CC where I can see the margins in order to edit properly?

I guess(hope) that there is some place where I can get it to show like I draw my self in paint down below? Or is it the same format/view for both phone, PC and tablets?

Im using CC2019 on Windows.

Hope you can help a n00b out!!!!

Kind Regards

Michael

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Support with editing (formats for PC, tablets, phones)
on Jan 25, 2019 at 7:43:22 pm

What you are looking for is Safe Margins. Click on the little wrench to the lower right of your video to find Safe Margins. But, unless you are sending stuff out for broadcast, I wouldn't worry about them. Your video will be fine for PC, tablet, phone...
TC

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 25, 2019 at 10:31:33 pm

Basically, a 16:9 video is a 16:9 video regardless of which device you view it on. Computers/tablets/phones should show the entire frame, unlike some TVs that may (or may not) lose a bit of screen edge under the bezel. So like Todd said, for non-broadcast, not that big an issue.

As a matter of aesthetics, you don't want titles/logos right up tight to the edge, just doesn't look good, but perhaps use the outer green frame as the guide for that and call it good! Safe area was a MUCH larger concern years ago with the old 4:3 SD NTSC videos, where edge cropping (overscan) varied wildly from one TV to the next, so you had to leave a lot of room around the edges to be safe, not so much these days.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Michael Petersen
on Jan 25, 2019 at 10:42:32 pm

Thanks, that was very helpful !!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]