FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title Tool is Extremely Slow on FAST Computer

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Hippenmeyer
Title Tool is Extremely Slow on FAST Computer
on Jan 21, 2019 at 8:36:59 pm

Video Editors: Have you found a smooth way to do captions for an entire 5-10 minute video? I can create logo stings, special effects and elaborate particle imagery in After Effects, but God forbid I put a text file over footage in Premiere Pro. It seems like the title tool has gotten worse with each passing iteration of Premiere Pro...looking for advice and not suggestions to edit in Avid or Final Cut...

ALSO...I am working on a pretty powerful iMac Pro--so I don't think my CPU/Graphics Card/RAM, etc. should be an issue.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Title Tool is Extremely Slow on FAST Computer
on Jan 21, 2019 at 10:22:21 pm

Hi Nathan. I can't speak to any specifics, as I am not a Mac user. But without system specs and the version of Adobe CC you're using, no one can really offer any substantial help.

I always suggest folks put that info in their signature, so you (almost) never have to type it again.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Title Tool is Extremely Slow on FAST Computer
on Jan 21, 2019 at 10:23:17 pm

That seems odd. Since the title tool has been overhauled and is now part of the Essential graphics panel it works quite well and has no lag issues at all. If you're using the legacy title tool abandon it and switch to the Essential graphics panel.

For captions and transcription I'd highly recommend the plugin Transcriptive from Digital Anarchy. You can create the transcript from a finished video in about 5mins. And then it's just a matter of creating the captions from that transcript.

Tallmanproductions.net | Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]