FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE plug-ins in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
AE plug-ins in Premiere Pro
on Jan 16, 2019 at 3:28:15 pm

Is there a good way to incorporate some of the After Effects plugins/filters directly in Premiere Pro? There is a wealth of much better effects available in AE. As far as I can tell, the only way to use these is to send clips to AE and either render/export the comp or bring it back in as a dynamic link. Is there a more direct way to simply use these plug-ins/filters in AE?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE plug-ins in Premiere Pro
on Jan 16, 2019 at 3:39:31 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 16, 2019 at 3:43:22 pm

Sorry, sir, but no. I think your desire for AE effects was a big contributing factor to the development of Dynamic Link. You could use AE effects in a PP environment... sort of.

Incidentally, there was a time when selected Photoshop effects could be installed in AE, but that time passed... oh, almost 20 years ago.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 16, 2019 at 3:45:08 pm

That's what I figured, but was hoping that I was missing something. The Premiere Pro options are very dated and not too useful. Even the various presets available are so-so. At a minimum, it would be nice if there were some sort of technology akin to Apple's Motion Templates. Then you could build your own effects (theoretically based on the AE effects if you had AE co-installed) and add them to Premiere.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 16, 2019 at 3:59:12 pm

I agree on the Motion templates. The big difference is that Adobe bought AE & PP from two different developers.

I believe Apple developed both FCP & Motion giving them the ability to eliminate basic data structure issues from the get-go.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 16, 2019 at 4:09:21 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "The big difference is that Adobe bought AE & PP from two different developers."

Yes, and many of the "stock" plug-ins in AE were also acquired from or are licensing deals with other developers. Mocha, Cycore, Keylight, Synthetic Aperture, etc.

[Dave LaRonde] "I believe Apple developed both FCP & Motion giving them the ability to eliminate basic data structure issues from the get-go"

Correct. Plus, the Motion effects engine is what FCPX uses "under the hood". So even if you didn't purchase Motion, you still have that common architecture available. In addition, Apple developed a "publishing" mechanism so any savvy user can create custom plug-ins that run inside FCPX.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
on Jan 20, 2019 at 2:01:40 pm

It seems that both of you have missed Motion Graphics Templates in Premiere Pro. Open the Essential Graphics panel and start there. Online you can also find tons of free templates. ☺

Do a Google search for MOGRT and you will find all info you need.

More info:
https://helpx.adobe.com/se/premiere-pro/using/motion-graphics-templates.htm...
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/motion-graphics-faq.html

Here is a free eBook on how to make them: https://premierepro.net/making-mogrts

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 20, 2019 at 5:16:23 pm

[Roger Averdahl] "It seems that both of you have missed Motion Graphics Templates in Premiere Pro"

Thanks. Yes. I've checked that out and I have many of the template/presets. Still not the same as if you could simply used a Cycore plug-in within Premiere. Also not the same as how Motion templates work in FCPX.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jan 20, 2019 at 6:43:07 pm

I find mogrt a bit of a pita most of them give me a red bar.

There use to be a time when you could put some AE effects in PrPr.
Remember Tritone was one of them (often used it).

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jan 20, 2019 at 7:03:51 pm

Radial Blur was also one of the effects I used.
I tried it but with a few hickups.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]