FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro - Working remotely with proxy files ONLY

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Yost
Premiere Pro - Working remotely with proxy files ONLY
on Jan 15, 2019 at 8:10:13 pm

Hey guys,

I am trying to do some remote work on a project for a friend. He sent me a project file and file structure with PROXY's ONLY, and tascam audio... Is it possible to replace the footage in the sequence with proxies WITHOUT having the actual original footage?

When I try to manually attach proxies to the offline footage in the project window, I get the error message "Proxy Media and Full Resolution media must have matching audio channels".

Thank you all!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premiere Pro - Working remotely with proxy files ONLY
on Jan 15, 2019 at 10:59:10 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 15, 2019 at 11:06:15 pm

To create a proxy, you need the clip from which you make it. Then you can edit smoothly: that's what proxies are used for. Then, you have to send everything back to your pal -- he has to reconnect the original media & export the finished project.

But no original footage.... no makee any more proxies for you!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Yost
on Jan 16, 2019 at 1:23:43 am

Thanks for the reply, Dave!

The proxies have already been created. I have a folder full of proxies that I am trying to connect to the project. I'm asking if it is possible to connect the existing files to the project, in place of the offline hi-res media.
Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Joshua Jackson
on Jan 17, 2019 at 4:21:18 pm

I do this quite frequently. I typically do a "Link Footage..." on the clip and (as long as the filename is the same) do an automatic linking via "Filename" (not extension, since this typically changes) in the folder that contains the proxies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]