FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone know how to make these 3d text extrusions?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Thomas
Anyone know how to make these 3d text extrusions?
on Jan 14, 2019 at 5:08:01 pm

Hi all,

A client is looking for a similar 3d text effect as this commercial:

My problem is that I have no clue what created this! Yes, I can make your basic 3d text, but this is different.

Notice it's a super deep extrusion to a point, and also it animates and the extrusion grows as it comes towards you.

I tried looking for plugins, templates, etc. But I found nothing as specific as these examples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Bill

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Anyone know how to make these 3d text extrusions?
on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:01:25 pm

Boris Effects can do it.

Return to posts index

Bill Thomas
on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:12:39 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:24:02 pm

BCC Extruded Text.
You might be able to buy just that "unit" but probably not. They like to sell you a blob of effects per unit.

Return to posts index

Bill Thomas
on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:17:39 pm

Jerry, do you know the specific effect or preset to create that pointed extrusion in my sample? I am trying out BCC9

Thanks

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:35:40 pm

i don't. i just fiddled with settings and finally got there. i set extrusion depth to 80. then fiddled with lights and such to get the look you want. Then go to BUILT IN CAMERA/CAMERA POSITION Z. make that value -3.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jan 14, 2019 at 10:44:51 pm
Last Edited By greg janza on Jan 14, 2019 at 11:08:58 pm

For the sake of saving time I'd recommend that you go purchase an aftereffects template from one of the many websites that offer them. Envato is one very popular site.

Tallmanproductions.net | Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Jan 15, 2019 at 3:35:47 pm

did you ever get it to work?

Return to posts index

Bill Thomas
on Jan 15, 2019 at 3:41:13 pm

Greg - Thanks, I have done that in the past and there are some cool ones out there, unfortunately the client wants that EXACT extrusion!! (which I have never seen in a template)

Jerry - I just now saw your settings which I will try later. Last night I installed BCC9 into Premiere and only had a few minutes to try the 3d Text. I will definitely try your settings because I noticed there were a TON of variables! Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Jan 16, 2019 at 5:31:38 pm

I haven't played with it much, but Illustrator can do simple extrusions. Don't know about the lighting. The objects in the example spot didn't move at all after settling and were animated very fast, so they may just be stills, where you wouldn't notice that they aren't animated in 3D space.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 18, 2019 at 8:05:34 pm

Looks like the extruded text was just made in Photoshop, then scaled from 0 in an NLE.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]