FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to replace clips with Speed/Duration changes with rendered versions?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Herrick
How to replace clips with Speed/Duration changes with rendered versions?
on Jan 13, 2019 at 5:58:50 pm

I am attempting a round-trip workflow with Davinci Resolve.
The process I'm following is this: export XML file from Premiere, import into Resolve for color grading. Export from Resolve as individual clips, replace clips in Premiere with color graded clips.

The problem: Resolve doesn't recognize the Speed/Duration changes I made in Premiere. Therefore, when I export the clips out from Resolve and import back into Premiere, they will be the wrong speed, and the edit points will be off.

My solution was to render each of the time-altered clips in Adobe Media Encoder, import, and replace each one in the timeline.
HOWEVER:
When I replace the clip it still has the Speed/Duration change applied, so it of course alters the already-rendered clip. I can remove the S/D change and then replace it, but the edit points don't match up.
It would be immensely time-consuming to go through and have to manually match up my edit points for each and every clip—there has to be a better way! 🙀

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: How to replace clips with Speed/Duration changes with rendered versions?
on Jan 16, 2019 at 5:27:28 pm

Right-click on your clip and choose Render and Replace. Pick a good destination for the rendered file, pick the codec you like, and click OK. Now your speed changes will be baked in and you can send that clip to Resolve.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]