FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to replace clips with Speed/Duration changes with rendered versions?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Herrick
How to replace clips with Speed/Duration changes with rendered versions?
on Jan 13, 2019 at 5:58:50 pm

I am attempting a round-trip workflow with Davinci Resolve.
The process I'm following is this: export XML file from Premiere, import into Resolve for color grading. Export from Resolve as individual clips, replace clips in Premiere with color graded clips.

The problem: Resolve doesn't recognize the Speed/Duration changes I made in Premiere. Therefore, when I export the clips out from Resolve and import back into Premiere, they will be the wrong speed, and the edit points will be off.

My solution was to render each of the time-altered clips in Adobe Media Encoder, import, and replace each one in the timeline.
HOWEVER:
When I replace the clip it still has the Speed/Duration change applied, so it of course alters the already-rendered clip. I can remove the S/D change and then replace it, but the edit points don't match up.
It would be immensely time-consuming to go through and have to manually match up my edit points for each and every clip—there has to be a better way! 🙀

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to replace clips with Speed/Duration changes with rendered versions?
on Jan 14, 2019 at 3:01:04 am

Highlight the speed changed clip hit the forward-slash key. PP sets in & out points for the clip. Export. Re-import, replace the speed-changed clip with it.

You don't get trim handles with this trick.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 14, 2019 at 6:48:44 am

Either that excellent advice...or what I ask all clients to do. Export a full resolution TEXTLESS version of their project, so that I can chop sections from it that prove troublesome. Such as speed changes, stills in the timeline, plugins specific to the NLE.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Charlie Herrick
on Jan 15, 2019 at 9:16:30 pm

Thanks for the advice! That makes perfect sense. Unfortunately it's still a rather laborious process, but at least it's accurate. I'm finding I still have to copy the original clip to a blank track, remove the time-alteration effect, remove any transitions (so they don't render—I want to keep things editable) and extend the in/out points of the clip to start/end of the actual footage, and then adjust the in/out points to match the original clip—or else when I replace it, the new clip will start where the old footage started—as opposed to where the cut was made, if that makes sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]