FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to export transfer audio files from one project into another?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Crittenden
How to export transfer audio files from one project into another?
on Jan 12, 2019 at 12:38:11 am

Hello... I am working on a 98 minute film. I have six reels, and have reached the point where I have a color corrected, picture locked copy ready for the final audio.

However, I need to get my audio, 25 tracks of audio, from the six separate projects, exported and then imported into the final project with color correction.

I know I could separately export each track, but but that would be around 150 separate exports. It seems like there must be a better way....

How can I do this?

Thanks for your help...

Premiere CC 2017
iMac
OS 10.12.6

Andy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to export transfer audio files from one project into another?
on Jan 12, 2019 at 1:08:02 am

Why do you need all of the separate audio tracks for the online/color correct? When I online/grade I get a stereo mix and that's it. The AUDIO MIXER gets an AAF of the audio and starts the mix. But the online...doesn't do audio, so no need for the separate tracks. Or are you doing something completely different?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew Crittenden
on Jan 12, 2019 at 7:04:24 am

Maybe I didn't explain correctly. I have edited the film in six separate sections. Each section has it's own project file, because when the movie started getting bigger, premiere couldn't handle it. So there are 6 project files. These files need to exported into one other file, in which all sequences will be strung together into the final cut. So I need to get all of these files into one project file.
Also, even when I have done tests with an AAF export, a short test, with no video, it gives me an error message and will not output. I can output the same sequence in OMF without any problems.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Andy

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jan 13, 2019 at 9:11:06 am

How about saving audio-only version (deleting all video from a copy of the project) of the five projects and then importing the projects into your master project?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Andrew Crittenden
on Jan 13, 2019 at 3:59:54 pm

Thanks... I have thought about that. The problem is, to export tracks of audio which can be read separately, I need to export in OMF or AAF files, which premiere can't read or import (they are for Protools and other audio software). If I export as an aiff or wav file, all of the tracks become one, and thus can not be used by the sound mixer. Appreciate the suggestion though...

Andy

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jan 13, 2019 at 4:45:46 pm

I didn't say you should EXPORT anything. Save them as copies of the original Premiere projects where all video footage has been deleted and import the PROJECTS, wherein the separate original audio files contained in them will be imported.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Andrew Crittenden
on Jan 13, 2019 at 4:49:12 pm

Ahhh. I haven't learned how to do that, but I will research how that is done, and try to do it that way. Thanks for the tip!

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]