FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding subtitles to Adobe Premiere Pro with .srt file ready

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vikkramm Chandirramani
Adding subtitles to Adobe Premiere Pro with .srt file ready
on Jan 11, 2019 at 2:44:23 pm

Hello,

I have a project in Adobe Premiere Pro in DPX format which I'm exporting to Vimeo 1080p video. How do I go about adding subtitles to this? I had created subtitles in .srt format. I'm unable to drag this to a layer above the DPX layer in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019. Is this even possible? How do I go about it? I tried importing the .srt into premiere. It shows up in the bottom left corner but I can't figure out how to proceed beyond that. I tried exporting it as 'Burn to movie' but this resulted in the captions showing up against a black background.

Is there any workaround?

If I export to Vimeo 1080p and then bring back the ouput file, create a project, drag the srt file as a layer and re-export, will it result in loss of quality?

I'll appreciate some guidance. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: Adding subtitles to Adobe Premiere Pro with .srt file ready
on Jan 11, 2019 at 7:51:33 pm

You don't need to do anything in PPro unless you want to burn in the subtitles - just upload the .srt to Vimeo.

If you need burned in: import SRT, select the Caption file in the browser and make your settings (including background) there. You can do it for single titles, a selection or all at once.

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

Vikkramm Chandirramani
Re: Adding subtitles to Adobe Premiere Pro with .srt file ready
on Jan 12, 2019 at 11:38:19 am

That doesn't help. I can place the .srt file above an .mp4 file but not above this DPX sequence. I want to burn the titles to the video. What could be wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]