FORUMS: list search recent posts

5min clip needs 8 hours to export!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sabrina Inderbitzi
5min clip needs 8 hours to export!
on Jan 11, 2019 at 12:05:41 pm
Last Edited By Sabrina Inderbitzi on Jan 11, 2019 at 12:06:06 pm

I want to render out a 5min Clip and Premiere tells me 8 hours and the Media Encoder the same. And it really takes so long. The time doesent come down after a while. Thats just a joke. There must be something wrong.

It's a normal timeline (4k). I have some color grading on it, I have some text in the Movie, a logo, some stabilizer, maybe 3. Thats it. I tried to delete the logos, but same thing. I made a new project and copied the timeline in a new one, got rid of everything I dont need. I tried to copy all the footage to another disk and remove all other disks I have connected. I tried to delete the renderfiles. Nothing helps.

The timeline plays perfectly when it is rendered. I'm on a Lenovo Notebook. Its not the strongest, but I mean it plays 4k. So there is no reason having 8 hours to render a 5min Clip! Ah and my Export Settings are the 4k Preset for Vimeo. (actually I tried some others, same thing)

Can someone help?

I attach some screenshots.
Export Settings:

My Timeline:

Media Encoder:

Return to posts index

Victor Dagand
Re: 5min clip needs 8 hours to export!
on Jan 11, 2019 at 12:20:51 pm

Hi !

Indeed this seem strange.

I just have 2 ideas that comes in mind:

You can try to change the render settings in Media Encoder if you have other options (Mercury Playback). Idealy Cuda is the best option (for windows...).

The other thing is maybe to try on another computer if you can.

I hope this will help, if not maybe others will !

Good day to you !

(sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 11, 2019 at 12:49:10 pm

What codecs are the sources? Your timeline size setting seems to be a very oddball size. Plus an encode to 50fps is slower. Your encoder setting looks like it is set to software encode. That's the slowest method. Switch it to CUDA or OpenCL and try that.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 11, 2019 at 3:08:18 pm

I agree with Oliver. Will add that in my experience, Warp Stabilizer is very slow to render on my fast workstation PC, and that is just with HD footage and you're using 4K which is 4x the data. And at a high frame rate, so let's call that 8x the data to deal with. And on a laptop, of which we don't know the specs.

I guess I'd ask, do you really need to export at 4K, or at 50fps even? Or might the viewing audience be quite pleased with 1080p25 instead?

Also as Oliver pointed out, how did export dimensions end up as 2976x1674? That is quite odd and non-standard scaling can add a lot of time. That needs to be dealt with.

In any case, best to not use the C: drive for video content, as that drive is already busy handling Windows OS and applications. Should use a fast, dedicated drive for video content. If source material is already on C: drive, if you can at least export to another destination that may speed up the process a bit so same drive is not reading/writing.

Hoping you don't have "Max Bit Depth" checked at that can also add more render time. I bet that just turning off stabilizer would speed up export a LOT, that is probably the main culprit, but again fix those export dimensions also.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Sabrina Inderbitzi
on Jan 11, 2019 at 3:31:56 pm

Thanks Oliver and Jeff for your answers.

First,
my source is an mp4 out of my gh5
My Timeline Settings is an UHD 50fps

If I switch to OpenGL my Video comes out pink/green as here:

So thats why I have to go to Software Only.

WarpStabilizer: I took off ALL my effects, even Color, and it still needs a few hours.

I now exported to FullHD, but thats not the solution I think. Check this out. . Its about the same, Color Effects, Stabilizer and it maybee took 30 minutes to render out.

Yes the Dimension of the export ist strange I know. I just took the standart Vimeo 4k Preset. I was actually surprised too. But I tried the standart UHD dimension and its the same. If I do a small Video like 720x405 its really fast, maybe 6min or something like that. It looks like its just the size which makes the BIG difference. But thats not the first UHD Project. I do that since a while.

Ah and the C-Drive was just the last thing I tried. I had it on an other drive and also copied it to my iMac to try, same thing.

I think its strange as until now I never had problems with that. And the rendering of the whole Timeline takes around 35min, so its just when it gets out of Premiere.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 11, 2019 at 3:42:47 pm

Underwater footage looks great!

From what you've stated about other projects, I'm now thinking that the odd export size could be the main issue. Manually set to 3840x2160.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Sabrina Inderbitzi
on Jan 11, 2019 at 3:58:40 pm

Thanks! 😉

Hmm no it doesnt work with 3840x2160 8 hours still. I dont know. I think it must be something with the footage. As I can copy it into an old project which a 3min Clip renders out in 1 hour with effects and all. I bring the clip into the same sequence and export it 8hours.

I get my new workstation next week. Will see how long it takes with that one (Intel Core i9 9900K, 64gb ram)

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 12, 2019 at 2:09:56 am

The codec that the GH5 uses is from the devil. Premiere has a very tough time with it. I still think it's a Mercury renderer issue. BTW - what GPU is in that laptop?

You will never get a fast render unless the GPU is being used, which isn't the case if it's set to software. Sometimes Premiere's export is faster than AME, although usually AME is much quicker. If you can get a fast render in the timeline within Premiere, then you could try an export and check the box that says to use the Premiere render files as part of your export.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Sabrina Inderbitzi
on Jan 16, 2019 at 10:35:02 am

Hi Oliver

My Laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKBR and the Graficcard is a Intel UHD Graphics 630.
The tip with the use previews is really good. Thanks for that. I missed that until now! That already helped a lot.

So what do you suggest on the Mercury render issue? If I use Open GL there is green/pink video comming out. Just if I turn it out its correct. Same issue acutally on my iMac. A Mid 2010 (i7 2.93 ghz, 12gb ram etc)

Today my new machine is coming so I hope then that will be solved, but acutally I'm anyway interested about how to get the best render performance out of it. 😉

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jan 16, 2019 at 12:39:31 pm

It's possible there may still be a legacy CUDA driver in play. Maybe look for that in the OS and uninstall? Other than that, trash prefs. Does this happen if you bring the footage into a brand new project? Does it happen with all the media, even other camera types?

Toggle your settling to software or Metal on the iMac. I suspect there's a codec that's not playing nice with Premiere. On the iMac, do you have FCPX installed, too? If so, double-check the media there.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]