FORUMS: list search recent posts

PPro CS5 stalls after each second when starting with the space bar.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Smiley
PPro CS5 stalls after each second when starting with the space bar.
on Jan 7, 2019 at 2:00:04 am

I have PPro CS5 on Win-7 64 bit. with 21 of 24 Gigs of RAM assigned to PPro. Intel i7-3770 CPU @3.40 Ghz...

No other Apps open. When I play (space bar) the clips on the timeline it stalls after about 1 second until I re-tap the space bar. This never happens with 620 x 480i clips. It always does with 1920x1080 29.97 clips. I'm using an external USB 3 HD for the project.

If I used the exact same clips and hardware in Sony Vegas Pro 13 it never stalls.

Both use a BlackMagic Studio Decklink Studio card using its HDMI output.

Any setting I should check?

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
Re: PPro CS5 stalls after each second when starting with the space bar.
on Jan 7, 2019 at 2:05:17 am

I forgot to mention that is "scrubs" on the timeline just fine with no stalling or hitches...

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jan 8, 2019 at 3:19:03 pm

What codec and bit rate is your 1080 video?

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
on Jan 8, 2019 at 5:58:39 pm

Under "Sequence Settings" t said...

Uncompressed 8-bit SD YUV

and below that it says 1920 x 1080

The rendered files work just fine when played in Vegas Pro 13 and I can make a BlueRay or DVD viewing copy that plays just fine.

I just noticed however....
When I viewed a rendered file in the BlackMagic Media Express playback it stalls on a "dropped frame" message.

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
on Jan 8, 2019 at 6:47:02 pm

I noticed in the right-side playback screen ( the 4 little horizontal bar-ticks) that the setting "Black Magic Playback - Turn off dropped frame warning" box was unchecked. So I checked it and the problem goes away.

All the clips were made 1920x1080 - frame rate 29.97 . So it was detecting a regular drop frame. But it did not show that anyplace on the screen. It just stops with no warning or proclaimed reason.

BTW this project was copied over from previous successful projects using the same type of material with no problem. So something mysteriously changed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]