FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Momentum" when seeking with scroll wheel?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Anthony
"Momentum" when seeking with scroll wheel?
on Jan 6, 2019 at 5:58:24 pm

Hi everyone, first-time poster here but I've found your threads many times over the years and they've proved a huge help.
I've just got Premiere Pro CC through my employer and it's light-years ahead of the old version I used to use; however, I've noticed that when I seek through either video panel – which I do often as I have a Griffin PowerMate which I've configured to scroll in this program – there appears to be a second or so of "momentum" in either direction.

In essence, I scroll the wheel until I get to the bit of video where I need to insert an edit; once I let go of the wheel, however, the mouse continues to scroll. This is not bound to the video panel; if I were to move the cursor up during this period of momentum, I would be scrolling through the tabs at the top of the window.
In addition to being very annoying to work with it also makes it more time-consuming to do fine video edits, which I am doing a lot of now.

I've searched and searched for anyone else experiencing this issue but have found nothing. I do not believe it to be an issue with my machine as this is a new build with 16GB of ram and an eight-core processor.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: "Momentum" when seeking with scroll wheel?
on Jan 8, 2019 at 3:17:26 pm

I would contact the makers of your Powermate. See if there is a firmware update or something. I don't know anyone using one of those.
TC

Return to posts index

Shaun Anthony
Re: "Momentum" when seeking with scroll wheel?
on Jan 9, 2019 at 6:04:44 pm

The issue is the same with scrolling my mouse wheel. It's nothing to do with the hardware.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]