FORUMS: list search recent posts

keyboard skin tips?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
keyboard skin tips?
on Dec 26, 2018 at 9:00:33 pm

Apple 1243 keyboard, shopping for an affordable but effective skin with the Adobe Prem
pro CC keyboard shortcuts.

Just the skin; I don't want stickers or a full second keyboard,

I see versions around 30-40 bucks, and some closer to 10 bucks, they seem identical. Looking for recommendations by actual users.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: keyboard skin tips?
on Dec 26, 2018 at 10:18:46 pm

http://logickeyboard.com/shop/adobe-premiere-pro-cs-cc-apple-keyboard-cover...

These are good if you stick to the default keyboard mapping.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 26, 2018 at 10:43:35 pm

I would keep to standard mapping. The nine dollar one has my attention because I'm a thrifty bastard. Has someone here used the cheaper one and do they have an opinion on those? If it's a durability issue, I'm hoping I'll learn the keys before the skin wears out.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 26, 2018 at 10:52:09 pm

[Mark Suszko] "because I'm a thrifty bastard"

Well, in that case, simply print out the keyboard image and place that page above your keyboard until you get used to the key positions. Also, if you have an old FCP7 keyboard, you can use that map in Premiere and add any commands that don't normally show up on their version of the FCP7 map. I've used skins on and off and my biggest complaint is that the feel of actual typing when the skin is in place isn't as fluid as I would like.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 26, 2018 at 10:55:49 pm

I find I learn better if the shortcuts are directly on the keys. I was fortunate to spec a logic keyboard for my FCP setup. but there's no money here to do that again for the second edit setup in my suite where I'm going to be toggling back between FCPX and Prem, so for me a skin I can pop on or off is what I think works best for my way of learning. Stickers are too semi-permanent as well, so not doing that.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 26, 2018 at 10:58:21 pm

It might be worth checking e-bay for a used Premiere keyboard (Mac).

- Oliver

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 27, 2018 at 8:08:41 pm

I've used the ones from both Logic and KB Covers. They are pretty much the same price for a full sized keyboard and perform identically (30-40 dollars). I bought them at least 5 years ago and they still look brand new, so I know they are durable. I'm used to the feel, as far as the action is concerned, and it doesn't bother me.

I've seen others that appear to be made of the same material, but don't fit quite as perfectly and are thinner. They stretch, come off and get annoying. There are a few knock off brands from China, not sure that's true of all of them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]