FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time remapped footage exporting incorrectly

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Gigantino
Time remapped footage exporting incorrectly
on Dec 23, 2018 at 9:04:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I am tearing out my hair a little bit and hoping that one of you might have some insight on this issue. I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2019.

I am attempting to use time remapping to create speed ramp effects on a piece of footage that is 720p, shot at 60fps and conformed to 24fps. The sequence I'm working with is 1080p, 24fps. I've cut the footage up a little bit and am remapping the pieces. When I export the sequence, Premiere seems to ignore the remapping entirely.

To put it another way, let's say I've got a 10 second clip that I've remapped to be 3 seconds long -- clip-seconds 1-4 happen over the course of 1 second (sped up), clip-second 5 happens over the course of 1 second (real time), and clip-seconds 6-10 happen over the course of 1 second (sped up). When I export the sequence that contains these 3 seconds, what I see is clip-seconds 1-3.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this. Please let me know if any more information on my settings would be useful.

Here are workarounds I have tried, all with exactly the same results:

1. Putting my clips into their own 720p sequence and editing/remapping the nested sequence.
2. Putting my clips into their own 720p sequence, exporting that using the "Match source - high bitrate" setting, importing that file, and editing/remapping that.
3. Editing/remapping the clips, putting them in their own 720p sequence, and exporting that.

Thank you very much for any help you can give. I am a "long time listener, first time caller" to the Cow and am very appreciative of this resource.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Time remapped footage exporting incorrectly
on Dec 31, 2018 at 4:34:01 pm

Are you exporting using AME or straight from PPro? Have you tried it straight from PPro's export settings window? If not, give that a shot.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]