FORUMS: list search recent posts

aligning bad lip singing to audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Durbrow
aligning bad lip singing to audio
on Dec 22, 2018 at 11:13:46 am

I'm trying to align the lips of the singer to the audio of a music video. Some places are late some early and some in sync. First I found everything was late after a certain point, so I made a cut after an in sync syllable and then another cut before where it is late. I could use the Clip Speed/Duration Window with rolling edit checked to get most of it in sync. Now that most of it is more or less in sync, how do I tighten up specific areas without moving the parts that are in sync?

I was thinking to make several cuts and play with the speed, speeding some and slowing others in a balanced way without the rolling edit checked, zooming in at the end of the area to make sure the frames meet the remainder part. Right now I'm rendering so I can't try it. But what I'm really wondering is how professionals go about such a task. Is there another way?
TIA

E D
Saitama, Japan

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: aligning bad lip singing to audio
on Dec 22, 2018 at 11:36:08 am

Here's a painstaking method of making video match to audio with After Effects and Twixtor:
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/freitag_lori/twixtor-lip-synch/vid...

It should be possible to adapt the same idea to Premiere using Time Remapping and optical flow frame blending. Haven't tried it, but I would expect it to work.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Ed Durbrow
Re: aligning bad lip singing to audio
on Dec 23, 2018 at 4:09:51 am

Thanks. The main problem seems to be establishing some anchor points. I'm going to try my best with just Pr.

E D
Saitama, Japan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]