FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyway to export a .m2t file out of premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nawny Booglesworth
Anyway to export a .m2t file out of premiere?
on Dec 21, 2018 at 7:15:02 pm

Hi,

Curious if there is a way to export a .m2t file out of premiere or media encoder? If not, any recommended software that may do the trick? Below are the specs I was given. Thank you for any help and or input.

An E-HD2 video should have H.264 video and MPEG Layer 2 (AAC is also
allowed) audio in an MPEG-2 Transport Stream wrapper (.m2t).

H.264 Video Elementary Stream. Valid sizes: 1920x1080i, 1440x1080i, 1280x720p, or 720x480i.
HD must be: High Profile Level 4.0 or less, Bitrate: 4-18 Mbps, either VBR or CBR SD must be: Main Profile Level 3.0 or less, Bitrate: 2-10 Mbps, either VBR or CBR
Video: 4:2:0, 8-bit, YCbCr
Key Frame (I Frame) at least once per second.
Headers every GOP
CEA-708 closed caption data as specified by the ATSC A/72 and SCTE 128 standards.

MPEG Layer 2 Audio Elementary Stream
48kHz, 192-256 Kbps, Stereo

File names may contain up to 27 alpha-numeric characters (no spaces or symbols).

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
Re: Anyway to export a .m2t file out of premiere?
on Dec 21, 2018 at 9:59:09 pm

Looks like they have a Leightronix E-HD2 video unit and instead of giving you formats it supports for playback, they are giving you the standard it uses when it internally records.
https://www.leightronix.com/assets/leightronix_manual_ehd2.pdf

My guess is they copy/pasted an email they got from leightronix tech support and that leightronix support either misunderstood and repeated the recording standard, or for easing support burden on a discontinued product, only officially supports that one standard [that most users won't be able to create]. Unit has H.264 decoder, so dollars to donuts it'll play standard h.264 mp4.

The answer that always works when someone asks for an odd codec/wrapper combination is to command line rewrap. This will let you put any codec in any wrapper regardless of compatibility or useability.

Going straight out of Adobe there is this
http://www.bearpig.co.uk/blog/2010/11/ts-mts-m2t-exporting-in-adobe-media-e...
(note: I am familiar and use brightsign players, which was the author's original reason for needing the m2t file format, and they will play a standard H.264 mp4 just fine.)

Alternatively push the video out normally, run it through VLC to convert to a mpeg transport stream (make sure source video/audio), then rename the .ts file to .m2s.

You need to decide if going through this is going to be worth your time and if so, be prepared for whatever you give them to not play, you have to find a way to make it play, and the whole time they'll think you screwed up.

Return to posts index

Nawny Booglesworth
Re: Anyway to export a .m2t file out of premiere?
on Dec 22, 2018 at 12:10:32 am

Ha! I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. This was extremely helpful and clears a lot up. I was told a .mp4 wouldn't work but also know the person running it is new at it. The link you sent was easy and straightforward to export a .m2t. Your whole response was great and I'll be keeping it on hand for future reference.
Thank you so much!

Best, Nawny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]