FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Loading" clips every time I open a project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Scaffidi
"Loading" clips every time I open a project
on Dec 17, 2018 at 10:15:40 pm
Last Edited By Per Scaffidi on Dec 17, 2018 at 10:26:53 pm

New to premiere here. Created a project several months ago. Running the latest version of cc 2019 on windows 10. All my footage, media cache, etc. is on an external RAID. Mix of MP4, C100, C200, C300 mkII.

Every time I open my project, at the bottom of the main window, there's a list of clips as they are "loaded". My entire system slows to a crawl as it goes through all 25,000 clips. This morning it only took about 30 minutes to finish, and then I was able to start editing as normal. But later in the day I re-opened Premiere and it starting loading all the clips again, this time much slower. I restarted and now it appears to be loading somewhat quicker.

What exactly is going on under the hood here? And why is it doing this every time I open the project? And how do I avoid it?

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: "Loading" clips every time I open a project
on Dec 18, 2018 at 11:14:46 am

That is normal behavior: project needs to be loaded. But 25.000 clips is rather a lot.
Might want to split the project up in smaller chunks.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Dec 18, 2018 at 4:02:56 pm

Twenty-five thousand clips? Well yeah, loading the media is going to take a while. Do you need all of those all the time? Time for some organizing and maybe (as Ann Bens suggested) break the project up into shorter sections.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 18, 2018 at 4:52:51 pm

Check to make sure its actually recognizing the Media Cache on the RAID and not re-creating it on your local volume.

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
on Dec 18, 2018 at 6:18:22 pm

Thanks all -- I did have a chunk of files in the media cache, but I believe they were left over from when my settings were reset after upgrading to cc2019. In any case I deleted them and on startup there is now only about 100mb of IMS files. Some of the memory settings were also reset so I think that may have been causing issues as well yesterday.

I could try to split up the project, but this is a 40-minute documentary so it's hard to tell what I'll need to use and when.

There's actually around 28,000 clips that it loaded this morning. Took about 45-minutes. Guess I'll have to work that into my schedule.

I'm coming from avid, so I just want to make sure that I'm doing things properly the way Premiere wants me to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]