FORUMS: list search recent posts

QT file with audio but not showing video with Premiere-

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Kobre
QT file with audio but not showing video with Premiere-
on Dec 13, 2018 at 7:38:11 pm

I have a Quick Time file that was corrupted when a hard drive failed. I can view the quick time file by itself. However when I put the file into Premiere timeline/sequence the file has audio but no video. What can I do to edit this file in Premiere?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: QT file with audio but not showing video with Premiere-
on Dec 13, 2018 at 8:21:05 pm

Make sure it is not a PPro Version conflict and/or related codec issue. This is common these days.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ken Kobre
on Dec 13, 2018 at 9:13:41 pm

Other quick times from the sam shoot but were not corrupted work fine on Pp. How can I convert this . Mov file into a different file format?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Dec 13, 2018 at 9:22:49 pm

I would see if conversion program like AME can convert and make it work. This isn’t what I thought it was but I would try any program to see if I could make a useable file for PPro

Ricky

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 13, 2018 at 10:28:55 pm

Open the file in QuickTime and export it to Pro Res or GoPro Cineform directly from Quicktime Player. That should fix whatever is wrong with it.

Return to posts index

Ken Kobre
on Dec 17, 2018 at 6:35:56 pm

Corrupt files recovery

Corrupt files
Do not try to open corrupt files in Premiere Pro… If you do it will cause the whole sequence to malfunction.
If you have tried to open a corrupt file in Premiere and it does not work…close the Premiere Pro without saving. When you reopen Premiere Pro start a new sequence.
To save a corrupted file follow this plan.
(Note - the corrupt file did open in Quick Time - but the quick time program will not export files that contain any portion of it that is corruption)
Import corrupted file to iMovie. (or any other Editing program)
In iMove, Edit the segment so the timeline contains no corrupted footage…just the uncorrupted piece. You might have to do this step several times to capture all the uncorrupted parts of the footage if they are not contiguous.
Then…
Share > file>
Resolution 1080 or 4K
Quality = High
Compress =faster
These settings will produce an mp4 file
Import the new mp4 file into Premiere
You can now edit the previously corrupted files in Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]