FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering Freezes my Machine - Run out of Ideas

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Coates
Rendering Freezes my Machine - Run out of Ideas
on Dec 8, 2018 at 7:13:50 pm

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.
I've been getting a problem for the last couple of months that I've not been able to fix at all and having just put a solid 72 hours into trying to solve the issue I've run out of idea's.

Heres the problem:
Anytime I try to render in Adobe Media Encoder / Premier Pro my computer freezes at a random point in the render.
Everything locks up and I have to press the reset button on the tower.
This ONLY seems to happen when rendering H264 as I've made multiple renders in WMV, WebM and AVI all fine.
This happens with all of my projects including new ones.

I'm currently working with the Adobe CC, 2019 versions of all programs mentioned.
Just below I will list the things that I have tried which hasn't yielded any answers for myself.

Overheating: Checked. Reapplied thermal paste for good measure. Machine freezes at roughly 68C, however I can get it up to 80C no problems on other programs. Liquid cooling working as intended, gel not crystallised, intakes not clogged with dust.
New SSD: Worried it was because my main SSD was low on memory (Bottom 10% left) I installed a new SSD with the render output set to that one.
Stress testing Hardware: Thinking maybe some of my hardware was at it's limit's I downloaded BurnInTest and Maxed all my hardware for 1:30.hrs without crash.
Resetting preferences + Cleaning Media Cache: I found a thread on these forums that recommended I reset my preferences and cleaned my media cache, however that still didn't work.
Fresh Adobe Install: I completely scrubbed my system of Adobe programs and the re-installed them on the New Drive.
Installed fresh DivX H264 Codec: At this point I'm thinking I MAY have narrowed it down to the codec specifically, so I tried installing fresh Codecs.
CPU Only Rendering: I turned off CUDA rendering and H264 accelerated assisted rendering so the whole process was CPU only. Still crashed.

I'm coming to the end of my ropes with this and would LOVE anyone who could suggest some new things to test.
Everytime I've crashed I've had a HWmonitor open and I've not seen any shocking jumps in Temp / Voltage / Frequency of any of my devices.

If anyone has had this before or has the technical mindset to even suggest a few more tests I would LOVE to hear what you've got in terms of suggestions!

Help me Obi-Wan COWnobi, you're my only hope.

Just below are my machine specs:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/8/2018, 19:07:09
Machine name: DESKTOP-GUL5F1H
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: 2101 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16296MB RAM
Page File: 7797MB used, 11187MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B06&SUBSYS_36051462&REV_A1
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 19275 MB
Dedicated Memory: 11127 MB
Shared Memory: 8148 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
HDR Support: Not Supported

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyck
Re: Rendering Freezes my Machine - Run out of Ideas
on Dec 11, 2018 at 2:02:35 pm

Are there any plugins you're using? I used to have awful problems with Magic Bullet plugs.
Have you tested your memory? Sometimes faulty ram can cause issues.
Do you always use AME or do you ever export right out of Premiere? I had some issues last year with crashing that were bypassed by exporting directly out of Premiere.

Hopefully you find the problem, sporadic problems are the worst!
Todd

Dell Precision 5810 Intel Xeon 3.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro M4000
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
After Effects CC
Cinema 4d r14

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Rendering Freezes my Machine - Run out of Ideas
on Dec 11, 2018 at 7:06:20 pm

Have you tried rendering out a h264 file BEFORE installing the DivX pack? That would be one of my first thoughts on that. I'd uninstall that pack and try a render.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]