FORUMS: list search recent posts

Window Navigation *SENDS SELECTION BACK TO TOP EVERY TIME!*

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Cotlhorpe
Window Navigation *SENDS SELECTION BACK TO TOP EVERY TIME!*
on Dec 5, 2018 at 1:22:29 am

Hi Legends,

I'm having a new problem since updating to PP vers. 13.0.1 with my selection resetting to the very top of the page/window every time I navigate back to the Project Window from another window (narrated screen recording below of what's happening - apologies for the audio quality)

https://vimeo.com/304494912/e1ef7e0e69

This was not and never has been like this so very confused what has changed, it may or may not have to do with the update however I have changed nothing in my keyboard shortcuts or navigation settings and this seemed to occur precisely when I did the update to v13.0.1

I use a (command+4) shortcut to navigate to the Project Window and my proceeds when culling clips is to navigate down the list of clips in the bin, hitting enter to watch them in the source monitor window, and then hitting command+4 to navigate back to the clips in the bin in the Project Window. This usually keeps my spot and the last clip I watched is still highlighted and I simply press down, watch the next clip, and repeat the process as I move through the clips. WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW is that when I navigate back to the Project Window the previous clip I had selected is deselected and it moves me all the way back to the top of the Project Windows folders (???) I have no idea why this has started happening or how to tell Premiere not to do it.

Is anyone else having this problem since the update ?????

*On a late 2013 Mac Pro / Sierra v10.12.2 / Premiere Pro v13.0.1

Return to posts index

Joel Cotlhorpe
Re: Window Navigation *SENDS SELECTION BACK TO TOP EVERY TIME!*
on Dec 5, 2018 at 2:43:25 am

SOLVED...kinda:

I would still love the answer as to WHY, but, for whatever reason....

Premiere 13.0.1 does not like the command+anything function when navigating panels, no matter what I map after the command+ it will navigate to the panel but will lose it's selection point (or reset selection highlight to the very top of page). IF however I map a function that does not include 'command' it will navigate there and maintain the previous selection on that clip, even within the same mapped keyboard .kys

So, it appears that v13.0.1 seems to have a problem with the command function being used, seems to be the only function that for some reason messes you up as far as maintain your previous selection point in the panel/window.

So my solution was to remap that particular function to just plain "4" to navigate there and have changed my other panel navigations to 1,2,3...etc without the 'command' modifier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]