FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Drift/Sync issues when working on multiple computers.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Jones
Audio Drift/Sync issues when working on multiple computers.
on Dec 3, 2018 at 3:59:58 am

Hi, I'm trying to figure out a solution for an issue I've found.

I work editing videos of live events that we record on multiple cameras over 1-3 hours. We end up with a little bit of drift (usually 2-5 frames over the few hours). Before cutting, I sync up all the clips from a point near the beginning then adjust the speed/duration by a few frames so that they're in sync at the end too.

I edit from home and send the proj file back to the office where it gets signed of by a manager before being exported. The issue is we've had some really weird behaviour with syncing once we're on multiple computers. Everything will be fine on my computer but then in office everything will be out by a few frames.

On my computer I've found issues where I can select a clip I've already adjusted for drift. I'll click speed/duration, not change any settings, click okay and now the clip changes by a few frames. Ive also seen some weird things where I'll shorten a clip by a few frames and the speed will now be 99.xx% where theoretically it should be 100.yy%

Anyone know of a solution for this or of a better method for fixing drift?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Audio Drift/Sync issues when working on multiple computers.
on Dec 3, 2018 at 8:53:14 am

No idea what happens, but with a speed change some frames will be affected, and you don't know which ones.
Its easier / faster / better / no render to cut out or duplicate a frame here and there in places where you are sure the content won't be used.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]