FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which MacOS for Premiere 2019?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Downs
Which MacOS for Premiere 2019?
on Nov 30, 2018 at 1:01:10 pm

(Currently running Sierra on my iMac - 2015 4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, AMD R9 390 2GB Graphics)

I just tried PP 2019, and it actually solved some of the problems I've had with the last two versions...so when I have some downtime, I'm going to do a full wipe and start fresh.

I'd appreciate some opinions on which OS works best for you with PP 2019. My experience is newest is not always best, especially with a machine that's a few years old. I was thinking of bumping up to High Sierra, but was just looking for some expert advice. Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Which MacOS for Premiere 2019?
on Nov 30, 2018 at 2:10:38 pm

High Sierra is fine. I would hold there. Not sure about Mojave, yet.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Dec 3, 2018 at 8:31:54 pm

Since I had to upgrade my OS to be able to run CC 2019, I went Mojave - from Yosemite. Been running well for over a month. Only issues myself and a coworker came across is I sometimes have issues renaming PPro sequences. Not sure why. Coworker discovered grids in AE slow AE to a crawl - you have to make the grid so small that they are basically dots is the workaround. Oh! And if you go to Windows shares, depending on the SMB level, you may get some slow downs transferring to the network share - but, like I said, it depends on the SMB level used on the network share. I think it's SMB 1 that has the slow down. The network thing actually started inMac OS Sierra. I don't think Apple is going to fix it. But if you were on Sierra and had no issues, then no problem.
But those were the only major issues so far.
I am on a late 2013 Mac Pro. So is my coworker.
Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 4, 2018 at 12:18:40 am

[Todd Perchert] "Coworker discovered grids in AE slow AE to a crawl "

That's a CC2019 thing. We are on High Sierra and see that same issue.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Dec 4, 2018 at 3:48:49 pm

HA! Well, I went Yosemite to Mojave. My coworker went Sierra to Mojave. So we both skipped High Sierra.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]