FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving Premiere project to new PC inc. cache files (.cfa, .pek, etc.)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Lear
Moving Premiere project to new PC inc. cache files (.cfa, .pek, etc.)
on Nov 30, 2018 at 10:54:49 am
Last Edited By Nicholas Lear on Nov 30, 2018 at 11:34:33 am

Very big project - about 14TB of H.264 footage shot over 3 months (a7sii's & gopro's).

"Media Cache Files" is about 300GB, with the .cfa files being the large files - Premiere seems to make those for any media that doesn't have uncompressed 48kHz audio. Luckily the Sony rushes do have uncompressed, but not the gopro's. I had "save .pek and .cfa files next to original media" unticked. (With hindsight I would have kept this ticked perhaps. The reason I didn't is that I have been using a fast SSD for all these cache files which I assumed would help Premiere out.

I didn't anticipate that I now need to work abroad on a laptop. I already have the rushes and the proxy files on two big external drives, but it took Premiere about 4-5 days to make all those cache files, plus all the .pek peak files in the "Peak Files" folder.

Can I copy the "Media Cache Files" folder onto one of the external drives and then is it as simple as pointing the folder settings to the new folders in Prefs>Media cache? Somehow I doubt it and I haven't found much on this. Most posts and videos are about moving it from here on out, or on deleting cache files.

Update: I have just found an additional 120GB (80,000 files) in "C:UsersadminAppDataRoamingAdobeCommonMedia Cache Files" - can I copy these into the new "Media Cache Files" folder alongside the other files and it will all work out? (so unlikely I know)

Any help appreciated. (Forgive the double post on Adobe forum if you see that, this is urgent)

Windows i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 32 GB RAM, Radeon RX 480 8GB GFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]