FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC 2019 doesnt like sony footage? or is it my pc?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Malvagno
CC 2019 doesnt like sony footage? or is it my pc?
on Nov 25, 2018 at 1:10:45 am

Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster. So i recently just updated to the new CC 2019. I recently started editing 4K footage taken using my sony a6500 and a7 iii. I notice that the footage appears unrendered (if that is the correct term) when i import it into a new CC 2019 timeline, because the red line appears above the timeline. However, when i switch back to the CC 2018 Version and import the same exact footage into a new timeline (Same PC as well), the line above the timeline is yellow.

My current issue is that the same footage plays nice and smoothly in 2018, but is VERY laggy in the new 2019 update. Ive tried checking playback settings, sequence settings, preferences, GPU and CPU settings, and everything between the two versions are exactly the same.

Does anybody know why the 2018 version seems to like sony 4k footage better than 2019, and how to rectify this? Its not a huge issue for me really, but i'd hate to have to recreate all the work ive done in the new version so far in the old 2018 version. Is this hardware or software related? My PC has been able to keep up with some heavy demand i put on it, and I've never really had an issue with 4K playback before. I usually keep the display quality at 1/2 or 1/4 and it works and looks fine in 2018 with minimal lag, but the 2019 version will not play more than a frame a second.

The project and all the imported footage is on my 1TB storage SSD installed in the computer. I've only had the PC for about a year now, and as i've said before, this is the first time i've encountered an issue like this.

Here are my system specs
OriginPC Custom OC EON 17X
Intel i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20 GHz
GeForce GTX 1070
RAM 16 GB
Win 10 Pro 64 Bit
Adobe CC 2019
500GB Samsung 960 EVO SSD (OS)
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (For Storage)

Return to posts index

Merlin Vandenbossche
Re: CC 2019 doesnt like sony footage? or is it my pc?
on Nov 30, 2018 at 5:33:22 pm

I see you have an Nvidia GPU in your system. Compared to CC18 the 2019 release has changed some support concerning CUDA acceleration. It may be the 2019 version is not 'talking' to your GPU correctly anymore and you need to update your drivers. It would explain the render bar going red instead of yellow. Especially if you experience your issues on clips with many effects on them. With H.264 codecs it could also help to enable the Hardware Decoding in the preferences.

But first go to the Nvidia driver page and ensure you have the latest drivers:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Reboot, make a clean CC19 project, check your Mercury Playback to be CUDA (Project Settings) and import your old project into this freshly created one. See if this helps. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]