FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple panes side by side while scrolling

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Nauta
Multiple panes side by side while scrolling
on Nov 23, 2018 at 6:57:18 pm

Hey I have the following issue with premiere that I could really use some help with! Thanks in advance for reading the following:

I want to make a video with several vertical panes of video. To get this I simply crop out per video what I don't need and put them side by side with position. The issue arises when I try to pan in a video since that moves the video itself, and not what is shown in the cropped out area.

For now the only solution I can think of is render panes with pan one by one on their own and takes those exports and putting them in a new sequence thus eliminating the need to pan all the videos in the same sequence. But this is detrimental to the quality of the video.

I would like to learn of a way to pan per video in the same sequence without moving the actual position of the video. I hope got my issue across clearly. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Frank Nauta
Re: Multiple panes side by side while scrolling
on Nov 23, 2018 at 7:10:48 pm

I have considered using the higher layers for the parts that don't move but at several points all videos move at the same time.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Nov 23, 2018 at 9:45:12 pm

you could use TRACK MATTE KEY. Lets say you have 4 vertical panes across the screen. Make 4 vertical mattes representing where you want each video to be. Put those on higher layers in your timeline.
Place your first video lets say..on track 1.
Go to the internet and look up ANDYS BETTER 3D. It's free . download that into your premiere.
put your first video clip on lets say...track 1. apply andys better 3d to that clip. then apply TRACK MATTE KEY. in track matte key select the matte track that you made earlier that represents that clips position. using andys better 3d horizontally move the clip to where you want it to be. it's keyframable so you can pan it across when desired.
hope that make sense.

Return to posts index

Frank Nauta
on Nov 23, 2018 at 10:23:09 pm

Thanks I lot Jerry I think I can make it work. The issue I am running into now is that I don't really know how to make the 4 vertical mattes you refer to in the beginning. I can make a color matte from the menu's but that doesnt seem to be it.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Nov 23, 2018 at 10:32:16 pm

just go to "file/new/color matte. make it white. put it on your timeline. apply "crop" to the color matte.

Return to posts index

Frank Nauta
on Nov 23, 2018 at 10:40:54 pm

And then I realize I never mentioned I use the windows version of Premiere and cant use Andy's software. Still thanks for your help though, I am a bit closer to easily splitting the videos for moving around without cropping the actual image of the video but rather the mask.

Moving it now reveals a black area where the crop used to be in the video.

If I make the 4 crops the size of 1/4th of the screen and then put them all in the correct place, and applying the track matting I have the same issue too. It seems like I need a tool to move video beyond the capacity of what Premiere can do.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Nov 23, 2018 at 10:45:39 pm

well...you can also make each video a "nest" then apply the track matte key to that. then open up the nest and pan the video. its a lot more cumbersome but it works.

Return to posts index

Frank Nauta
on Nov 23, 2018 at 10:51:58 pm

That appears to be it! Thank you so much! I actually got it working without having to get any more programs to use and it actually works really easy. I have no idea why making it a nest works but I will look into that. Thanks a lot Jerry!

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Nov 23, 2018 at 10:53:09 pm

it's a total failure of Premiere that you cant easily move or re-size clips inside of Track Matte Key. In Final Cut 7 is was easy..did it all the time...but i wont go there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]