COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Omar Sleem
premiere pro crashes :(
on Nov 23, 2018 at 1:39:32 am
Last Edited By Omar Sleem on Nov 23, 2018 at 1:42:48 am

hi guys
hope u all r ok
I 've really got disappointed because of that and want you to tell me what do u think:
premiere pro always crashes when i switch between workspaces, especially, when i switch to color workspace, or just try to open the comparison view.
first, i thought that was because of the cc 2018 version, as Adobe itself confessed that the software may crash while switching between workspaces. but now i 've upgraded to 2019 version and there is still the same issue.
some buddy told me it's all about hardware.. i'm using gtx 950 - core i7-6700 3.40 ghz - 32g ddr4 ram on win 10.
so what do u think?
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: premiere pro crashes :(
on Nov 23, 2018 at 10:41:51 pm

I had the same problem in cc 2018, when I was using a new build pc.

Then I upgraded to CC 2019 and the problem just seemed to go away. Unfortunately I never made a note of what I did exactly that fixed it. I should say I also upgraded to the latest CUDA driver. At the moment I don't see this problem at all but I was furious when it happened

Stretching my brain a bit, I think I had this problem in CC 2017 - it also just went away.

What I did was get to Lumetri from the Effects Panel and so I just worked around the problem for a while.

So, I suggest upgrading to the latest Nvidia driver.
Just use Lumetri from the Effects panel for a while. They say the Lumetri Panel is just a remote control anway.

Now why might this be a fix? It could be that there is some workspace setting that is not getting initialized properly upon first use. However by using Lumetri for a while it does get initialized and then you can use the Color panel.
Also do a "reset to saved workspace".

Sorry it is not a more definite answer

Return to posts index

Omar Sleem
on Nov 25, 2018 at 12:06:21 am

thanks for your response, Mark
that's exactly what I did to work around the problem, I got the lumetri from the effects panel. sometimes i keep working in the standard editing worspace and add the lumetri panel from window menu. that does work with me but still, premiere crashes always when I open the comparison view.. you know how important is it. it's irreplaceable.
I have already updated the graphics driver to the latest version.
so, what do you think about my hardware??

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Nov 28, 2018 at 7:09:34 am

your hardware looks good.

I have a 4k LG monitor, what size do you have?

When I did have the problem, I could open on a 1440 monitor, also attached.

I think it is a Software problem and should be reported as a bug.

mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]