How Can I make a sound sounds smaller?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
yasmina el kacemi
How Can I make a sound sounds smaller?
on Nov 22, 2018 at 2:53:38 pm

Hi everyone,
here's the problem
I'm mixing the audio of my video. I've found the perfect sound fx for an element but it's too big. i mean, it sounds bigger than the objects that it would be supposed to produce the sound, so, the question is (as the title) how to make a sound smaller? what's the problem? What parameter I have to reduce/increase, manage? Is there a specific effect in Premiere? i'm inexperienced 😂😃 Thank you. 😘

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: How Can I make a sound sounds smaller?
on Nov 22, 2018 at 5:19:04 pm

Depends on the situation. Sometimes all you have to do is change the volume level. Other times, you might want to change where it is in the sound field (panning). You can also play around with EQ filters or compression to change the nature of the sound. Keep in mind, in many TV shows and movies, the sound FX are very exaggerated from how they would sound in real life (you often see this with people assembling weapons or other devices)....so you might be closer than you think.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 22, 2018 at 6:53:40 pm

The customization of sound in Premiere as well as Audition is limitless. Explore the plugins in Premiere and if that doesn't seem quite right bring your sound into Audition and make use of the many built in effects.

Tallmanproductions.net | Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on Nov 22, 2018 at 9:06:16 pm
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Nov 22, 2018 at 9:07:15 pm

It helps to understand how sound waves travel. If by smaller, you mean further away, then understand that lower frequencies travels further and better through walls than higher frequencies.

So with that in mind, play with the equalizer and start cutting higher frequencies until you get what you like. It may not need to very much either. This also works with vocals.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]