FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indie Workflow Alexa Mini to Premiere...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaime O'Sullivan
Indie Workflow Alexa Mini to Premiere...
on Nov 22, 2018 at 8:04:12 am

Hi friends.

I am going onto a small indie and have some questions as we are going to be working in Premiere. I am much more comfortable in Avid, but can cut in Premiere, no worries... Setting up is a different matter!

I am working using an on-set setup.
Mac Pro Laptop, small 2nd monitor, headphones.
My job is essentially to help ensure we hit beats as opposed to cut creatively for finishing.

Shooting Alexa Mini - one camera only.
Files will be RAW.
Sound is being recorded separately and will match TC to camera.
Sound will not split, rather they will just deliver at end of day.

There will also be a feed of audio to camera for me to cut with onset.

This material will go to a DIT who will create proxies (open gate), with a LUT applied in Da Vinci.
Metadata will carry in Da Vinci.
These proxies will have the camera line audio embedded and will be made through the day.
We are thinking proxies could be Pro Res Proxies, but could choose Pro Res LT also… any thoughts?
I obviously can’t change the name of these proxies… right?

Also. As we are generating proxies outside of Premiere, I should turn off the option for it to happen in Premiere… yes?

I am not syncing sound as I am cutting on set. This is all supposed to be pretty rough and ready in that sense.

I also believe that as I am getting open-gate, I will need to do a 20% push in, but will have frame guides for this.

Does that all sound straightforward/correct?
As I said, I am a whizz at an avid workflow and have cut in Premiere projects previously set up for me…
Doing it myself with this onset setup is new.

I also have questions for after.

The Director is doing the main edit.
I am concerned as my edit will be rough with sound from the camera feed only.
I want to advise them now that they will then need someone to properly sync the material and create merge clips in the project.
This means they will need to overcut or start from scratch with the correct sound.
I have mentioned this, but want to ensure it's clear.
My job isn’t to set the project up for him to edit, but rather assemble on the fly.

Burnin wise, I was thinking of keeping it simple and including:
Original file name
Original TC
Scene/Take

Anyone with more knowledge or experience, I would be grateful for your input/suggestions/corrections.

Thank you.

Jaime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]