FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote Drive Sync

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Thomas
Remote Drive Sync
on Nov 21, 2018 at 5:35:10 pm

Hi all - anyone know of a solution to this scenario:

Two editors working on two Mac systems in two different locations, not connected by any server. Each has a media RAID drive, the drives have been cloned so they begin as exact duplicates. As work progresses, the goal is to keep the two drives cloned, updating them at regular intervals so that projects can be swapped between editors seamlessly.

I'm assuming there is a piece of software that can manage this, somehow remotely collecting info from both drives and establishing a synchronization of files over the internet to keep the drives in sync overnight or something of that nature, but I have not found it yet. Seems simple enough though, anyone got this one?

I heard Premiere Pro attempted something like this but have seen no positive review of the attempt, yet.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Remote Drive Sync
on Nov 21, 2018 at 6:05:57 pm

I use this program to keep my two local raids in sync but it's also a program to keep two remotely located raids in sync.

https://www.resilio.com

Tallmanproductions.net | Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

Jay Thomas
on Nov 21, 2018 at 6:56:53 pm

Thank you, this looks great, a little confusing about how to purchase, I'm assuming you're licensed as a "two seat" option since you're just keeping two devices synched?

Will test and report back. Many thanks.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 21, 2018 at 7:03:01 pm

I have the Sync Home Pro version. You'll have to check with Resilio to see which version will fit your needs.

Tallmanproductions.net | Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]