FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF video digital distortion

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Cooke
MXF video digital distortion
on Nov 21, 2018 at 4:47:08 pm

Hi
I'm getting distortion all through out this interview footage. Lots of MXF read errors in premiere. The distortion is still present in VLC and across different machines from the harddrive the footage was originally copied to. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: MXF video digital distortion
on Nov 21, 2018 at 7:08:23 pm

The files appear to be corrupt. Other than going back to the original files on the camera cards, I don’t think there is much that can be done. Sorry.

Return to posts index

Jim Cooke
on Nov 21, 2018 at 7:10:07 pm

I appreciate the response. The company who shot it is checking the camera cards now. Hopefully that will tell us more. very frustrating. I'll post what happens anyway incase others have the same issue.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Nov 22, 2018 at 4:00:03 pm

I’ve never used this, have no connection to this company and cannot vouch for this service, but these guys claim to be able to repair corrupt MXF files...

https://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/fix-mxf-files.en.html

Return to posts index

Jim Cooke
on Nov 27, 2018 at 7:22:02 pm

We were able to get the original camera cards with the footage and use a different card reader to transfer the footage. The footage was fine! We're guessing it was a faulty card reader or bad cable. I appreciate the advice and interest.

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Nov 28, 2018 at 7:15:23 am

that's very interesting. Problems like this have been reported for a while, not very often and nobody has really investigated it to completion.

Have you been able to compare the files (good and bad) to see if they are different?

mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]