FORUMS: list search recent posts

Damaged file recorded at 60fps

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
latisha Willis
Damaged file recorded at 60fps
on Nov 21, 2018 at 11:46:40 am

I have a damaged file that was recorded at 60 FPS. I was able to recover the damaged file and repair it using fix.video. The repaired file is 24fps but plays really fast. Is there a way to return the file to normal speed. Please help. I'm desperate.

Latisha

Return to posts index

Joby Anthony Jr
Re: Damaged file recorded at 60fps
on Nov 26, 2018 at 1:53:42 pm

Look at either using the Rate Stretch tool or interpret the footage back to 60 fps. See if any of these methods will accomplish what you need.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/duration-speed.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/organizing-assets-project-panel....

-- Joby.

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Nov 26, 2018 at 10:30:25 pm

I don't think the rate stretch tool or interpret footage back to 60 will work though, cause 36 frames are now missing, after the repair is done. So it won't be able to interpret it back now therefore, will it?

Return to posts index

Joby Anthony Jr
on Nov 27, 2018 at 1:34:28 pm

It probably won't look great, but trying one of the methods may at least get it slowed down to look like normal speed. Definitely some troubleshooting, problem-solving, and testing involved to find a solution that's somewhat acceptable in trying to salvage things. But agreed, with so many frames missing, it'll be rough. Maybe there's a compromise at 30 where it can still look normalish but not too jittery.

-- Joby.

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Nov 27, 2018 at 10:15:19 pm

Another idea is to use twixter cause twixter can add frame interpolation and perhaps will give you the missing frames back. Not sure if this will work as I have not tried it for this, but it seems like it may theoretically, but I wouldn't try this unless nothing else works.

Return to posts index

latisha Willis
on Nov 29, 2018 at 4:30:58 am

I am trying Twixtor. Was able to get it to slow down to almost normal but there are some strange artifacts happening now. Still trying to figure it out.

Latisha

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Nov 29, 2018 at 4:35:27 am

It seems that twixtor does that with frame interpolation. It's weird because a Television that you buy can have frame interpolation without weird artifacts, but twixtor is just not as good as creating frame interpolation as a TV it seems, unless I am wrong.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]