FORUMS: list search recent posts

59.94 fps footage into a 23.976 project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Buck
59.94 fps footage into a 23.976 project
on Nov 20, 2018 at 4:26:57 pm

Hi all, what is the best way to deal with 59.94 fps footage in a 23.976 timeline? I don't want it in slow-mo, it appears to be playing smoothly but I want to ensure there are no dropped frames. Is there an exact percentage that would slow the clip down to ensure it would give me a 1-to-1 frame rate of the clip to play at the timeline rate?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 59.94 fps footage into a 23.976 project
on Nov 20, 2018 at 7:06:19 pm

You just simply cut it into a 23.98 sequence. It won't play slow motion unless you go into the clip settings to tell it to.

[Jonathan Buck] "but I want to ensure there are no dropped frames."

Sorry, but it will drop frames. 60fps in 24fps...you are dropping 36 frames per second. NO way around this, unless you modify the clip to play in slow motion, then every frame will be played. There is no way to keep all 60 frames per second when playing 24fps. Frames need to be dropped in order for it to work...no way around that.

[Jonathan Buck] " Is there an exact percentage that would slow the clip down to ensure it would give me a 1-to-1 frame rate of the clip to play at the timeline rate?"

If you right click on a clip in the bin, and choose MODIFY>INTERPRET FOOTAGE... and then click on ASSUME THIS FRAME RATE, and choose 23.98...then the clip will be slowed down so that all frames play...1:1...and in slow motion. BUT, you said you didn't want to do slow motion. So, as I said, there's no way to have all 60fps play in a 23.98 timeline, because by nature, the timeline will only play 24 frames in that second. You can't get all 60 to play in that sequence...sorry mate.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]