FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 Export From Premiere Pro Not Playing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Faucher
H.264 Export From Premiere Pro Not Playing
on Nov 20, 2018 at 2:52:36 pm

Properties of the imported video:
Hour and twenty minutes long, MP4, 82.9MB. Low quality video with not a lot going on. It's a capture of a GoToMeeting presentation, essentially just powerpoint slides with audio.

I've imported it to break down into smaller, topic specific videos, along with some minor audio cleanup. 10 separate videos ranging between 2 minutes and 20 minutes in length.

Exported many different times using the various H.264 presets. Every time the exported MP4 doesn't work properly.
Playing through VLC I can get audio, but no image. Skipping through the timeline results in the video restarting.
If I try to look at the exported video properties, they're blank. No information available.
Tried uploaded to Vimeo just to see what would happen, and I get a message that it's either not a valid video file, or an unsupported codec.

Only time I can get a video that actually plays, it's by checking Match Sequence Settings. The exported video is then exported as a .mov, and is a ridiculous file size, especially considering what the video is (ex 4:22 long video with no slide changes = 1.74GB)

What am I doing wrong? Something with my export settings? Or with the initial import of the MP4?

*I've had this issue in the past, but don't remember the specifics. Had to use a different video editor to complete the project.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: H.264 Export From Premiere Pro Not Playing
on Nov 20, 2018 at 11:46:01 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 20, 2018 at 11:46:49 pm

It certainly sounds like a problem with the original footage. Well, you could always re-import the quicktime and use it for editing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Faucher
on Nov 22, 2018 at 1:22:06 pm

Thanks for the response Dave. The source video I had to work with was at 7 fps. Premiere Pro didn't like that apparently. Exporting using Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate was obviously leaving the frame rate at that 7 fps.

Once I changed the frames per second to 29.97 it exported properly.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 24, 2018 at 2:43:25 am

Seven frames a second? What's up with that? Very weird!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Nov 21, 2018 at 4:38:27 am

[Eric Faucher] "What am I doing wrong? Something with my export settings? Or with the initial import of the MP4?"

Well as you haven't told your original footage format, exact export/project/sequence settings we can't really troubleshoot this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]