FORUMS: list search recent posts

More realistic fake zooms?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
More realistic fake zooms?
on Nov 17, 2018 at 3:07:19 pm

Hello - aesthetic question. Does anyone have any tricks or techniques to make quick re-scalings seem more like camera zooms and less like I've just, well, adjusted the numbers to bring the shot closer? Adding "ease in" to the keyframes can help sometimes, but when it's like six or eight frames, it's barely noticeable. Are there blurs or other effects that you add to the re-scaling or re-positioning that make it feel less "digital" and something I did in post? If anyone knows of a tutorial somewhere that can help, that'd be great too.
Thanks, folks!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: More realistic fake zooms?
on Nov 17, 2018 at 5:13:10 pm

shoot with an actual zoom lens on some tracking markers. Track them in AE, copy the keyframes over to your scale effect. you'll have an organic motion. if you shoot in 4k, 5k, 6k, you can zoom without blurring with scale to frame vs set to frame.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Nov 17, 2018 at 6:46:34 pm

You're just going to have to play with it until it looks right. For that verité feel, I would add a slight blur synced to the zoom that resolves a few moments after the zoom finishes, to simulate a zoom-and-refocus from the camera op.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Nov 17, 2018 at 6:52:41 pm

There’s probably a better way to do it, but several times I’ve duplicated the clip and masked out the subject, subtly applied keyframed blur (only a very small amount) to the background clip, so that the focus appears to change a bit. The lens blur in AE might be more realistic, but in many instances the difference isn’t so great that I feel like it’s worth the extra time to round trip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]