FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CC 2017 is not exporting the entire sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Buttner
Premiere Pro CC 2017 is not exporting the entire sequence
on Nov 16, 2018 at 7:11:25 am

Hi all

I have been having a problem with PP CC 2017 (and previous versions) for a while now.

When I export long clips (between 1 and 1.5 hours long), the final clip just stops, almost as if I have placed my out point in the middle of the edit.

The export itself finishes, but the clip is unfinished, if that makes any sense.

I have checked, and my in & out points are in the right place. I have also tried the "export entire sequence" option, but I get the same result.

Export settings are:

H.264

HD 1080p

I am exporting from a 2014 MacBook Pro 1 GHz i7 with 8 GB RAM, as well as a MacBook Pro 2016 2.9 GHz with 8 GB RAM, both with the same results

This error does not occur when exporting shorter clips.

It's starting to get super frustrating, and I have not seen this problem on any other forums (perhaps I am not searching correctly).

Return to posts index

Joby Anthony Jr
Re: Premiere Pro CC 2017 is not exporting the entire sequence
on Nov 19, 2018 at 2:08:50 pm

Nothing definite, but two thoughts:

1. Make sure your computer doesn't sleep--ever. At least during the export. Go to Energy Saver and set Computer and Display to Never and uncheck Put hard disks to sleep. You can dim display manually, but keep everything up and running. Turn screensaver off too, just to be safe.

2. Turn off App Nap for Premiere and Media Encoder. Depending on your OS it may/may not be a feature. But easy enough to double-check. Find the Premiere app and then Get Info (Command + I). If you have App Nap, it'll be a check box in the General section. Do the same for Media Encoder.

Sounds like the system could be going to sleep in the middle of the export.

-- Joby.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Nov 19, 2018 at 2:40:45 pm

Is it consistently cutting off at the same point or does that point vary?

If its consistently the same point, then what is the file size of the partial sequence and what is the format of the drive that it is being rendered to?

As a work around, you should be able to render out the part that you are missing and stitch those two together.

Return to posts index

Brad Buttner
on Nov 30, 2018 at 6:57:42 am

It's not at the exact same point every time, but it's almost always around the 1hr mark (give or take). This is the case in all of the sequences I have tried, over multiple projects!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Nov 30, 2018 at 4:02:01 pm

Exporting to which drive? If external, formatting plays a role, for instance FAT32 has a 2GB file size limit.

If you can please post a screen shot of Export Settings perhaps we might see an issue there

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]