FORUMS: list search recent posts

System Upgrade for Premier Pro CC2017

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Adams
System Upgrade for Premier Pro CC2017
on Nov 11, 2018 at 4:16:41 pm
Last Edited By Steve Adams on Nov 11, 2018 at 4:17:09 pm

I've been made aware (by John Pale here) that my six-year old Dell T3600 is woefully lacking the hardware Adobe recommends for PP CC2017. The processor is a 3.0 GHz quad-core XEON, which seems close to the "6th generation" Intel CPUs recommended, that have quad cores and run at less than 3.0GHz, so it seems like I'm ok there. And I can upgrade my memory from 8GB to the 32GB recommended, so that's not a problem. But the GPU chip I have is only 512MB where Adobe recommends 4GB. Can I just buy a new graphics card with a 4GB GPU and plug it into my box? Has anyone done this and found a card that works especially well with PP CC2017?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: System Upgrade for Premier Pro CC2017
on Nov 13, 2018 at 3:12:56 pm

GTX 1050's are around $150 now. Pretty inexpensive. 1060 around $200. And up and up.

But here's Adobe's requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Note, they do say on that page, if a card isn't listed, you can assume it works fine if it meets their requirements:
The card was released in the year 2014 or afterwards
It has the minimum amount of graphics processor VRAM required for Photoshop (512 MB). The recommended amount of VRAM is 2 GB or more, though.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Nov 13, 2018 at 3:14:40 pm

Oh, and with those cards and that computer... I am assuming you don't have anything plugged into either one of your PCIe 3.0 slots. If you do, you may not get full performance out of the card.
TC

Return to posts index

Steve Adams
on Nov 13, 2018 at 6:43:01 pm

Thank you for that information! By the way, the link you provided seems to be for Photoshop rather than Premier Pro. I think the Premier Pro link mighjt be https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements/2019.html#gpu-acce....

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]