FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray encoding causes Premiere to crash

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Lister
Blu-ray encoding causes Premiere to crash
on Nov 7, 2018 at 1:20:11 pm

Every time I try to encode for Blu-ray, and DVD it starts out fine, but about 1/3 the way in, Premiere just simply pops off the screen; crashing...every time now. Project is on the E drive, with encoding being saved to the D drive.

PC specs:
Intel i7 Sandy Bridge
three SSDs
C: System Drive Only!
D: Video Drive 1 with 535 Gigs free
E: Video Drive 2 with 94.7 Gigs free
Four external drives (always connected)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
32 Gigs of RAM
Premiere CC 2018 V 12.0

I keep cleaning out the cache files, but it still crashes. What drive/folders should the media cache files and the data base files be stored? Currently, the folders are: D:\Media Cache D:\Cache Data Base\ and I made those. I don't think they should be on the C drive right?

I even tried holding Shift/Alt while launching Premiere to clear the preferences and other projects, but I'm still having trouble. This problem just seemed to start a few days ago too, but I haven't had any WIN 10 upgrades in a while. I'm up to date anyway. My project is about 48 minutes run time. I even tried encoding as WIN Media, but it still crashes! WTH?? Any ideas or suggestions? I'm at my wits end here guys! Is there a bug in 2018 causing this?

Phil Lister

Return to posts index

Mike Jones
Re: Blu-ray encoding causes Premiere to crash
on Nov 7, 2018 at 2:13:25 pm

A couple questions regarding your post... You are using PP export to make the BR correct? Have you tried Adobe Media Encoder? Are you planning on using Encore to make the BR disc? Have you tried making a test sequence or project and exporting that using the same BR settings? Perhaps with just one clip.

Return to posts index

Phil Lister
on Nov 7, 2018 at 2:33:33 pm

Yes, I'm using PP to export the encoded BD file. I have tried exporting just a small section, but it still crashes. I will try both encoder and trying another project as well to see if that works. Is encoder better to use?

Thanks,
Phil

Phil Lister

Return to posts index

Mike Jones
on Nov 7, 2018 at 3:01:21 pm

I use Encore and have never had any issues. I export via PP with the mpeg2-dvd selection and bring the files into Encore.

You stated in your first post that you tried to export to WinMedia. Is it safe to assume that any export tried from PP will crash or have you had some success? If you have not had success, have you tried exported to a different drive?

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Nov 7, 2018 at 3:26:55 pm

OS and Pr version?
If it also crashes on win media its not related to BD.
Update videocard driver if you have not done that.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Phil Lister
on Nov 7, 2018 at 3:43:01 pm

OS is WIN 10
and PP 2018 V 12.0

Phil

Phil Lister

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 7, 2018 at 4:36:00 pm

check the adobe crash logs or try rendering an image sequence. either will tell you where it crashes at. could be a corrupt video or plugin at that particular area. also, could be heat related. try a stress test program.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 7, 2018 at 4:40:53 pm

Try exporting the timeline as a single file at the native settings of the timeline. If that works, use that file as your master to encode in Media Encoder.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Nov 7, 2018 at 6:19:31 pm

Update to 13.0.1.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Phil Lister
on Nov 8, 2018 at 6:22:22 am

Hello all! I resolved the problem. I was changing settings inside the encoder. Once I left all those alone, everything worked and I'm already burning disks!

Thanks for all the ideas and help!!! Much appreciated!!
Phil

Phil Lister

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]